Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
No oil pressure after overheating
My 2010 tundra 4 door v6 overheated and I pulled over immediatelly. The mechanic that the truck was towed too ran a combustion test and told me I had blew a head gasket. So I found a really good honest mechanic that agreed to the head job with the gasket rebuild kit w/ bolts that I supplied from my dad's store(Napa). After taken apart the engine the mechanic gave me the heads and I had the heads cleaned of all coolant gunk, rust and build up from the gasket leaks from over the years. After putting everything back together- being the like new heads and the three new timing chains also a new thermostat. problem now is fuel pump is not coming on when key is turned. Also he said the truck cranks up-runs beautifully then shuts off because it's not getting oil pressure. Oil Gauge on dash is flat lined. He said all coil packs are in check, oil pressure switch was replaced. And fuel pump relay is good and socket is good just not clicking on when key is turned. Any idea why no oil pressure??

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
The mechanic is 24yrs asc certified, pretty Reputable and honest. He got it all put back together 3 weeks ago and it fired right up idling high and was running rough, he didn't want to return it back in that condition so took off timing cover and it had jump a tooth so he adjusted and got the timing back right. He said that with the plenum off it starts in a second but with it on it doesn't want to start.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
He's thinking crank pos sensor we will test it with a volt meter just to see if it's good though I need specs from Toyota 4.0 v6 for the crank sensor to see if it's pushing out the right power Toyota is so secretive I can't find it online I'm still looking though- that's his assistant emailing me

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
?? well he pulled your crank pos sensor it was coated in sludge from the overheat and oil water combo he cleaned it off not saying it's not bad there's no way to tell but I'm sure it wasn't sending the right readings to the ecm in that condition so we shall see and I was interested in how it connects to know if it's easy [right here she's referring too what I had read about replacing the oil pressure gauge, because in my owners manuel it says the truck comes with a safety feature that when no oil pressure reading on the gauge it sends a message to the ECU to shut off the fuel pump] , or an electrical technicians job I'm guessing easy but I couldn't find out online it hates me in that category lol

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That's what I'm about to do I just hate to do that because he's made it this far and if it is a easy fix as in replacing the oil pressure gauge which I can get for a great price because my dad owns Napa!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.