Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Before it hits the For Sale Thread. Seems unnatural that 10 year old paint should look so good.

Stage 1: M205 on an orange pad setting of 5. 4-5 passes
Stage 2: Menzerna on a white pad setting of 4. 3 passes
wipe clean.

Will finish with Adams H2O Guard N Gloss.

Completed panel

·
Registered
662 Posts
You disgust me. OK not you, I meant me. I need to stay on top of this stuff more on my own vehicles. About how long did it take you to do this?

·
Registered
1,957 Posts
Yea, that looks great. What Menzerna did you use and what machine you using? I have Menzerna 2500 and 4500, and am amazed at how well they work.

Great job with the truck. Finish strong!

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
You disgust me. OK not you, I meant me. I need to stay on top of this stuff more on my own vehicles. About how long did it take you to do this?
Its mostly an all day affair. I started about 1030am so I'm 7.5 hrs into it. Nearly done with the drivers side and then tomorrow I'll finish the tailgate and roof unless I get a second burst of energy. :|

Keep in mind that my paint was already in pretty decent shape. The first time I learned and did a complete paint correction back in 2013 (i think( I had to do 3 stage (or 3 separate polishing passes with 3 cuts of polish. as well as some wet sanding to get out some really bad scratches that were on the truck when I bought it. If memory serves it took me 3 weekends to complete so figure 6 days.

·
Registered
1,957 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,964 Posts
Perfection! All that, and balancing a MF towel on your shoulder to boot. I appreciate the work you put into it, I know it's a labor of love. Beautiful work as always. Love the lighting in your garage. Looks extremely well lit.

Mark

·
Chief of Grammar Police
2,496 Posts
It's about time to do my 07 again, it is almost as good as yours, minus the rock chips on the hood and bumper. My girlfriend is amazed that it looks as good as it does for a going on 10 year old truck.

I just recently did her son's 2011 Black Sand Pearl Corolla and it came out pretty good for a quick Nanoskin, M105, Menzerna job, I even topped it off with some Adams Buttery Wax after it sat in the garage overnight. I could still see some areas that I need to go over so I'll hit that in 6 months :D

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Perfection! All that, and balancing a MF towel on your shoulder to boot. I appreciate the work you put into it, I know it's a labor of love. Beautiful work as always. Love the lighting in your garage. Looks extremely well lit.

Mark
Thanks @Jumbo Jet. Yes its a labor of love but I would still be covering shit up with glaze and wax, polishing by hand and cringing at the paint in direct sunlight or under the LED shop lights in my garage had I not run into guys like you and RyteSide here on the forums.

Thanks for noticing the lights. When my wife and I bought this new house I had the builder change out the 3 60 watt bulbs for 6 4' 55 watt 5500 lumen shop lights specifically so I could have plenty of light to clean and polish the vehicles. Its like night and day in there. :nerd:

·
Registered
662 Posts
Its mostly an all day affair. I started about 1030am so I'm 7.5 hrs into it. Nearly done with the drivers side and then tomorrow I'll finish the tailgate and roof unless I get a second burst of energy. :|

Keep in mind that my paint was already in pretty decent shape. The first time I learned and did a complete paint correction back in 2013 (i think( I had to do 3 stage (or 3 separate polishing passes with 3 cuts of polish. as well as some wet sanding to get out some really bad scratches that were on the truck when I bought it. If memory serves it took me 3 weekends to complete so figure 6 days.

Ugh... You sicken me. I meant me though, not you. I'm going to have to research this some. My garage is too small for the truck, so I'd hate to see it get ugly due to my laziness. Good info here!

·
Registered
738 Posts
Accidental post

1 - 16 of 16 Posts