Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wiping off my passenger side window because it had a streak on it and I noticed that my dashboard was Navy Blue. Other plastics are black. Has this happened to anyone? I have not put any chemicals on it except the one Toyota did when they cleaned it. They called themselves detailing the truck (long story).

Attachments

Reactions: riccnick

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
I've notices something similar on the steering wheels. The BT controls are black, but the pad and wheel have faded to a really dark gray. It bugged the crap out of me when I got the truck, but I've just learned to live with it.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I thought about that at first, but when they detailed it was two months ago. And they used some type of dressing. And it has all faded off. I use a damp micro fiber with water to wipe the dust off. Going to take it to Toyota. In the next few days. After looking over the whole truck I have noticed some of the pillars are that way as well.

·
Premium Member
775 Posts
The interior colors don't match very well in the 2nd Gen Tundras. Mine had a Sand Beige interior, and I noticed that the grab handles had a greenish hue that didn't match the rest of the interior. Your problem seems a little more noticeable than the factory inconsistencies between different parts, though. UV damage seems unlikely for such a new truck. I would guess it was some type of chemical reaction from whatever the dash was cleaned with???

·
Registered
246 Posts
I noticed this tonight as well after reading this post a few days ago. Mine still has less than 1000 miles on it and the dash looks like a navy blue color. I would think its a problem from the factory... Oh yeah, 2013 White RW w/black interior..

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 7 of 7 Posts