Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
"The Antagonizer"
12,046 Posts
Truck looks good Mike, sucks to hear about the leak.. Hope they get it all fixed up soon.

·
Premium Member
5,489 Posts
Nice looking truck

·
"The Midnight Modder"
11,213 Posts
I know you been through lotta crap about buying a 100K mile truck. Don' t feel bad. Fix it and don't think about it. I had bought a used T100 4x4 before this and it was great except for the fact that the 4x4 did not work when the dealer said it did. The dicked me around couple time then it became more of a hassle to drop it off and have them check so I gave up. Before I sold it I decided to get it fixed so next owner could benefit. Found out the actuator housing was cracked and could not build up the vacuum pressure to engage the 4x4. When I sold it, it was in better condition than when I bought it.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah I like the truck, besides the leak. I just dont understand how it leaks after they just replaced the driveshaft,yoke, and seal....

·
"The Antagonizer"
12,046 Posts
They probably did a crappy installation job when they replaced all of that, or just bought crap parts.. That's all that I can think of why it would leak after just getting replaced.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Any small piece of dirt that wasn't cleaned off could cause it to leak. Just cause they are new parts don't mean a thing. I work in a shop and run into faulty new parts often. Good luck.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,750 Posts
Knock on wood I have an '07, 57k miles, and no issues yet. So still loving mine.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Now buying used scares me after today, a guy I work with was discussing cars with me and I asked about his oil changes. He hadn't changed his oil in a year and a half! Me and another guy had a laugh and ran out and his dip stick had ZERO oil on it! We are changing his oil and spark plugs for him tomorrow.. :lol:

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I went to check my wifes 07 Jetta Wolfsburg and its a sealed tranny too... WTF.. "requires special tool to service" What is so damn special about their tool, I just want to top hers off. This is assinine , its like all new transmissions are "sealed" and use a "special tool" now just so they can get more money out of our pockets... I want to see what this "special tool" looks like. It is probably just a damn pump and tube.. what a gimmick.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts