Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, just got the last piece in for my OME 612 kit. Ordered from Toytec and all came quick with just one front shock getting the paint chipped from the cup rubbing and bouncing on it, but it will be ok. Got the +3 shackles from Coach in to pick up the back a bit. Now just need to find some time as right now i am in the process of finalizing on a new house and moving. Not to mention a motorcycle trip to Arizona in a couple days. Hopefully in a couple weeks.
Here is a pic of the before to start the build off.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Attachments

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Here is the OME kit and the shackles. Poor old post office guy got a workout carrying them to the door.

Attachments

Reactions: Coachbuilder1

·
Registered
8,147 Posts
Awesome. Can't wait to see it installed. I am thinking of going with OME also, not sure which combination though.

Reactions: muzik

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The front is measuring just under 37" both sides. Left rear is showing 39 1/8" and right rear is at 39 3/8", not sure if that's from the ground i was sitting on or if its really like that. Now i can't wait to get this done.

Attachments

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Awesome. Can't wait to see it installed. I am thinking of going with OME also, not sure which combination though.
ya, i can't wait either. Being here at work is hard knowing that I could be installing instead. I have only heard good things about OME, so I am sure they do the job. I wanted to get a little lift, but trying to do it within a budget, so went with the 612 without the UCA to save some cash for now.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Can't wait any longer!!! Screw it, i moved around some stuff and called my buddy and got his shop scheduled to do this before taking off on motorcycle in the morn.
Automotive tire Car Vehicle Tire Pickup truck

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Front 612's in finally. Takes a lot of prying to get then in there. Can't imagine how you guys that do it at home get it done. We had 3 of us with the truck in the air to get it in.
Suspension part Auto part Suspension Vehicle Automotive tire
Now on to the back shackles. This is fun at least

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
When I did my spacers I used a ratchet strap attached to the uca and the coils to pull the uca down, worked great. Looking forward to the finished pics!

·
Premium Member
10,869 Posts
You crack me up muzik, 3 guys on it? I have done it myself twice now with nothing more than a pry bar :confused:

Front 612's in finally. Takes a lot of prying to get then in there. Can't imagine how you guys that do it at home get it done. We had 3 of us with the truck in the air to get it in.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I guess my buck seventy five wasn't enuf to pry the lca down to get the top of the strut in. Had another to pry the upper up and then lined up the screws. Nice to have a whole shop and the peoples at your disposal too. And the price was perfect ;)

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Shackles were very simple to go in. Just like the vid from coach showed. Still got a little rake on the truck which i wanted.
Auto part Suspension part Suspension Vehicle Exhaust system
The ride home was nice. Alignment is not too much out and the rear is feeling very good. Loving the shackles already.
After pic:
Land vehicle Tire Vehicle Car Motor vehicle
The front measured out to 40 1/2 right after install. Prolly will settle a bit but so far looks like the 3 inches is there. I'll put another after pic at same spot as before pic to compare better. Very happy so far:D

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I know right! It never ends. I knew this would happen when i bought the tires, now need to burn then down quick. At least its all something for the truck which is very important.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
Gere is the same pic with the lift installed. The pic doesn't seem to show the lift too much, but i can see it and feel it, so that's all that matters. Thanks to all of you that helped me decide on this. TT is a great place with great people.

·
Registered
132 Posts
That turned out nice man. Congrats, and be safe on your motorcycle trip.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

Attachments

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Alright, fun and party are over now. 9 hours in the saddle yesterday to get back home and now I'm ready to get back to the truck.
Land vehicle Motorcycle Vehicle Motor vehicle Cruiser
So it looks like the drivers side front settled a bit over the weekend and the passenger side didn't. i still need an alignment. Does anyone know if an alignment changes the stance very much or is it just the normal uneven stance on the truck?

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Got bored and did the relocation of the buttons to in front of the shifter. Funny that they were not put there to begin with. I guess there must be more important buttons that are supposed to go there that my truck don't have.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Very nice!!! How much did the drivers side front settle?

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I think it went down about 1/2" after a little time. Ended up with right under 39" from ground to fender well and pass side is about 39 1/8". Measuring it i can see the number difference, but i don't feel it or see it when i drive or look at the truck. To me its good, but there its always coach shims when it bothers me.

Reactions: Coachbuilder1
1 - 20 of 68 Posts