Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

Muffler Delete- Straight Pipe 2015 Tundra 5.7

27K views 24 replies 12 participants last post by  TechHockey35 
#1 ·
Hey guys...How do our trucks sound with the muffler removed and just a straight pipe? 2015 Tundra DC 5.7

Where is the resonator located at?

Also, would a Flowmaster Super 10 fit our truck?

Thanks! Local shop will remove muffler and install straight pipe for 75 bucks so im thinking about going that route.

#2 ·
I honestly think it will sound like shit. I had to move my truck while I had the exhaust off during my BAMuffler 6" install and it sounded terrible. If I was you I would either install the Flowmaster or better yet, save a little money and install one of Keith's budget systems.

#3 ·
Read through this before deciding on straight piping or Flowmaster. There is a reason why everyone loves Keith's systems. They are simply the best sounding set up you can put on a Tundra. I've had my 6" on for a while now and it still makes me smile big when I mash the gas. Technically the budget system is a "straight pipe" set up since it doesn't use a muffler but it will sound WAY better than a cheapo muffler shop job.
http://www.tundratalk.net/forums/tu...ions/156690-bamufflers-new-budget-system.html

#5 ·
i also have the BA budget system ( its straight pipe ) it sounds amazing. pretty decent amount of drone though. seriously though, can't go wrong with Keith at http://dirtydeedsindustries.com

Reactions: Mr. Creosote
#7 ·
Got the flowmaster super 10 on today. It has a very nice deep tone but its not loud at all? It sounds like stock when the truck is at idle. When I get on the gas you can hear it but its still not very loud. Again, it has a nice deep tone though.

My taste in loud could be differnt then most though. I came from a V8 Camaro with Long tube headers, No cats, and 3 inch dual pipes out of the back. It was very loud.

I asked the muffler guy if he cut off the resonator but he said the new tundras do not have a resonator. There was nothing to cut?? Is that true?

Overall, I like the sound but its just pretty quiet. Not sure how Flomaster could say its the most aggressive system they offer and for off road use lol.

Ill post video when i get off work tnight

#8 · (Edited)
I'm running straight pipes. Muffler delete and I think it sounds great.

A little bit of "rasp" but otherwise these trucks get pretty loud without a muffler

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#15 ·
Reactions: Mr. Creosote
#23 ·
I cut off my two rear cats, it made the truck sound so mean and dirty at idle. Everytime i started my truck when it was straight piped with the rear cats cut off, people turned around and was "like wtf was that?! It sounds mean af!" It had a terrible rasp though, so i installed two 12x5 BaMufflers, still sounds amazing and every one of my friends are jelly of my exhaust note. They have chebi 5.3's and ford 5.0's with the FM10's, they all want my mufflers now haha. I say cut the rear cats off, get a BaMuffler, and call it a day. All in all, it will cost you less than $400 to get all this done and installed.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.