Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings,

I just bought my first Tundra. This is my first post other than the new user post.

It looks like the previous owner took the truck "mudding" all through Texas. The under carriage is covered in mud. I got under there with a hose and tried to spray it off with very little success. Any ideas on how to get the mud off?

·
Premium Member
2,272 Posts
pressure washer.

Reactions: brianrockwell84

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
oscillating lawn sprinkler...low setting, let it soak, move the sprinkler a few feet at a time to hit the entire length at different angles.

·
Premium Member
3,918 Posts
Decent car wash with undercarriage jets...the one I use is no joke...

Reactions: brianrockwell84

·
Registered
36 Posts
Put it in a very hot garage. That will harden all of the mud, then get under there with a hammer and crack away.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I tried the car wash with undercarriage jets and still not very good. I have known 2700psi pressure washers that can put a hole through concrete, so I don't know how comfortable I am using one but it is not ruled out. I will try the hammer method and post.

·
Premium Member
2,272 Posts
I tried the car wash with undercarriage jets and still not very good. I have known 2700psi pressure washers that can put a hole through concrete, so I don't know how comfortable I am using one but it is not ruled out. I will try the hammer method and post.
Just don't use it at 2700 PSI.. You'll be down there all day with a hammer. Just use a pressure washer at like 1500-1700 with a fan tip, not the blast-through-concrete stream tip.

Reactions: elbine69

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'm sure that using a fan knob with a wider angle would work. I will try that.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I was joking about the hammer. I mean it might work, but you'd just be getting dried mud all over yourself, and it would take forever.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hahaha.. I guess I couldn't tell that you were joking. Didn't seem like a terrible idea though!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
done

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Soak underneath your truck really good, then mix up some purple power or simple green really strong(just be careful what you spray it on) let that soak, then wash it off.

Reactions: SWThomas

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
What is purple power and simple green?

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
What tridacna said but I figured it could be worth a shot if your not having any luck

·
Premium Member
13,349 Posts
Like mentioned use a pressure washer with simple green. Whatever you do don't breathe in the spray of simple green. Very nasty and it doesn't go well with your lungs.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts