Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hanging around for a while. Moved up from an 08 Tacoma DC LB Sport to a 13 Tundra Grade DC 4.6.

Been kick in it around for a while. Put 100k on the Tacoma with some minor issues along the way, but overall a great truck. Had looked at the Tundra but at that time they only had the 5.7. I had a Silverado v6 before that and was pretty set getting 17-20 mpg. The Tacoma did about the same, though I never got over 19 with it. Not highway (NJ to CO) nor with premium. When the 4.6 came out in the Tundra started look in hard at it, now finally made the switch. So far so good. Same mpg as the Tacoma so far and that's with winter blend. Best has been 18 city and the hills of NJ.

Rather than a higher grade package, like the Sport I got on the Tacoma, I opted to build a base truck myself this time. Way more personal and most of the upgrade packages in the Tundra had buckets with a console. I never liked the console in the Tacoma. I still got 3 kids hanging around the house and I prefer the extra seat of the front bench.

So far new wheels, bed cover, head unit (Kenwood), remote start (2 way), rear seat fold down mod, lowered front seat, sunroof, TRD sway bar, info switch and backup camera.

Next is Nerf bars, either NFab WtoW or Iron Cross, 3D floor mats, and camoclad graphics. Maybe a 3" level, but will probably wait until these tires a shot.

Thanks for the help with this great forum (and Tundra Solutions)

·
"A Man Needs A Maid"
1,277 Posts
Welcome!

·
Premium Member
2,962 Posts
Sounds good, welcome. But you know what I'm thinking......

:nopics: (beat ya to it dikkie)

By the way, how do like that sway bar?

·
"BHLM Master"
3,232 Posts
Good luck with your new ride and welcome aboard!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts