Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello there,
I have a 2000 toyota tundra truck just rolled 175,000 miles. i have owned this truck since i 2008 when it had 64,000 miles on it and have never had a problem till now. when under throttle the motor cuts out while accelerating. the motor does not stall but will climb rpm well and will do this several times while accelerating. there is no check engine light(been driving for a week and it still wont come on). It seems to be the worst on the freeway up a hill and does it not very bad in the city. it does not do this every time i accelerate some times wont do it all day but then the next day it starts acting up again Im pretty confused as to where to start. alot of people have told me its the fuel filter but i changed it about 9,000 ago and the one that came off didnt even seem to be clogged up. Im also sure its not anything in the trans because it will do it in park or neutral Im looking for a place to start any advice or if this has ever happened to your truck i would love some help thanks.

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
wait what's happening ? sounds like your saying your truck is randomly accelerating, and or the engine is just revving on you....

·
Premium Member
3,545 Posts
Plugged cat? Does the exhaust smell like a trash fire?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No it's not revving up its for split second the motor shutters like all the sudden there is a loss of spark or fuel. It does not do this bad enough where I don't have power but it makes the truck have this surging feeling. It will still climb in rpm fine when I'm accelerating (it's just not a smooth throttle curve). I hope I'm making sense.

The exhaust smells like a normal exhaust. I took a dead blow hammer and tapped the cats and I don't get any rattling or anything

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So today I had my buddy come down with a vantage computer and we drove the truck around while watching everything on it operate and believe it or not all of this was from a bad coil that was randomly miss firing causing the truck to have this problem now why there is check engine light beats me. But we tested the coil when it was cold and it was good but after the coil was heated up by the engine it was no good so why it works some times and does not beats me but we replaced it and everything is good so far

1 - 5 of 5 Posts