Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

most miles on 5.7 tundra?

134K views 168 replies 102 participants last post by  Pau Hana 
#1 ·
who has the most miles on this beast?....mine has 64,000 is there anyone that has hit the 200,000 mile mark?

#4 ·
One of my techs has an 07 with 270,000.

Water pump, tires, and just replaced the stock bilsteins.

#8 ·
LOL, just about to hit 56k on my 2008. Up until this past year I didn't drive mine much at all as I always had a beater vehicle for work, but financial issues has lead to only having my tundra now so it gets abused a lot unfortunately. No problems yet, and hope to not have any for quite a while. Bought the truck brand new, and just put new tires on it last winter at 47k, just routine maintenance service is all I've had done. This is my first vehicle that I've owned that I haven't had to take it to a dealer for problems. Yeah I had the dash lit up like a christmas tree but that was my fault trying to run some Seafoam through the engine via the brake boost vacuum line, which set off every idiot light dealer did a zero point calibration and reset and its been fine ever sense, but wasn't the fault of the vehicle, just my stupidity not thinking about all the electronics, slight difference than my 99 Dodge Ram LOL.

#10 ·
my 07 dc 4x4 levled has just turned 148k lot of heavy towing, RV's, tractors, atv's, One time i towed 15k lbs for 6 hr just stopping for gas. i put a water pump on a 130k small leak. I changed my trans fluid about 3 months ago just to be safe on my trans. any thing else was just regular maintenance.

#11 ·
Just 100k on my 08 so I'm averaging a little over 25k a year... Truck was lifted for half those miles! Zero problems that I didn't cause, except for the master window switch... Was only 115$ to replace. As soon as I'm back in az I'll be replacing my tranny fluid, coolant and plugs! Still love my truck! (usually I'm bored by now)

Reactions: Coondog-sr5
#12 ·
We bought the CM brand new... Put 20K miles on it in the first year... 8k miles the next year... This year I will be deployed and my wife is in our home town, so I will be surprised if it goes over 3-5K miles... So it won't be a high mileage truck till I get home to take it on a bunch of camping trips around MO, hauling a camper around! Its good though, I am using the saved gas money on all the little things that will help the Tundra last (Rustproofing/undercoating/detailing)and a few things that will make it look even better!! (colormatched handles/ mirror covers)

I guess we will see if my 2010 CM breaks 30K miles this year... I doubt it.. :)

#14 ·
^^^^^^ Thats a lot of Driving!!!!

#18 ·
I have a farmer that has 2 of them with over 250k on each. We recently put ignition coils on one and a fuel pump in the other. Nothing else done on those trucks but basic maintenance

#19 ·
156,500 on my 08.

#22 ·
Nope. Apparntly a lot of guys have had the issues, the set screw that holds the pin in between the gears backed out and let the pin come loose. It was making a lot of noise because the pin was bouncing around hitting the gears. The pin in lighter metal then the gears though so it tore apart the pin. The gears are still in great shape. Im planning on rebuilding with an aftermarket LSD. A few guys have had this issue though.

The 2nd pic is my gear oil. Yuck.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using AutoGuide.com App

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.