Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

101 - 120 of 138 Posts

·
Registered
1,865 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Glad I found this thread! I'm looking at upgrading to a CM 4x4 and my budget has me looking at a 07 LTD with 116k. I still nervous about the miles though.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Glad I found this thread! I'm looking at upgrading to a CM 4x4 and my budget has me looking at a 07 LTD with 116k. I still nervous about the miles though.
I wish I had the budget for a 116k mi truck. My 2007 had 188k on the clock when I bought it last August. Currently it's got almost 202k & I just returned from a 1,500mi road trip. Solid as a rock, uses zero oil between changes. Radiator leaks a miniscule amount sometimes but didn't leak a drop on the trip.

·
Premium Member
8,114 Posts
I wish I had the budget for a 116k mi truck. My 2007 had 188k on the clock when I bought it last August. Currently it's got almost 202k & I just returned from a 1,500mi road trip. Solid as a rock, uses zero oil between changes. Radiator leaks a miniscule amount sometimes but didn't leak a drop on the trip.
A radiator is really cheap. Buddy burned an engine down because he didn't replace a leaky one and really overheated it. But we also found out the temp sensor wasn't working to warn him.... It was a Ford Ranger...He sold it to me for 500.00. We swapped in an ebay engine in a day and I drove it for 3 years.

·
Registered
4 Posts
07 tundrá 167,000 and other than my key fob not working it still packs a punch. I tow, haul, plow, move.....etc, etc,

·
Registered
213 Posts
2016 5.7 141k
New blower motor 80k
New radiator 90k
New alternator 120k
The truck has been used hard so I don't blame it for breaking shit.

·
Registered
16 Posts
High Mileage

I have a 2014 SR5 with 164,000 on the dash. No problems to this point besides the rear-view mirror falling down a couple days ago. I blame that on this Texas heat. I am due for an oil change and spark plugs which will be done over the next couple of weeks. She still rides good and I push her a little hard at times, I can't help it. >:D

·
Registered
19 Posts
I had over 145k miles on my 08 Tundra CM SR5. All I ever had to do is add gas and change the fluids during that 10 years of ownership. I guess that's what they call reliability!

·
Registered
137 Posts
I have a 2014 SR5 with 164,000 on the dash. No problems to this point besides the rear-view mirror falling down a couple days ago. I blame that on this Texas heat. I am due for an oil change and spark plugs which will be done over the next couple of weeks. She still rides good and I push her a little hard at times, I can't help it. >:D
Looks like you are averaging 41,000 miles per year therefore you should be over a half million miles in 8 years!:laugh:

·
Registered
383 Posts

Have you changed the tranny fluid?

·
Registered
216 Posts
202k miles on my 2011. It had roughly 30k miles when I bought it back in 2013. Other than the cam tower leak repair shortly after I purchased it, my tundra has been the best truck I’ve owned.

101 - 120 of 138 Posts