Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tundra 10.5 gear lsd? There was a thread w/a photo of in the vendor’s threads, but it is gone. I really want one of these for my truck. Can one worm-gear lsd be more; “aggressive” than another by design? Like be made with less worry about slight “chirps” around corners but better use off road?

Anyone got any more information?

And of course, projected price.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
FYI, I emailed them. The guy got back and said they are still months away from hitting the sales rack.

·
Premium Member
4,244 Posts
if it’s anything close to the Eaton unit it will be pretty good. I will believe it when I see it tho.
The auburn unit I have bit the dust in short time. I’m not buying shit till there are some guinea pigs out there first (I did that with the auburn).

I will do my best to not buy it from the nitro guys also. Not a fan

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I had an Eaton Treutrac in a car 12 bolt. Always left two equal length marks (on pavement).

·
Registered
791 Posts
It would be nice if they offered a Detroit E-Z locker for our pumpkins.

I bought one for my 95' 8" and I loved it. I only paid $240 (new) for it. I miss the click click click sound it would make when you were off the throttle going around a corner. Boy howdy when you gunned it and it locked, you better know what happens next.

The Detroit E-Z withstood countless hours of off-roading with 35x12.50 Micky Thompson Baja Claws. Granted the 3.0L boat anchor didn't have the power or torque of our 5.7's... but still, it was money well spent!

·
Registered
61 Posts
if it’s anything close to the Eaton unit it will be pretty good. I will believe it when I see it tho.
The auburn unit I have bit the dust in short time. I’m not buying shit till there are some guinea pigs out there first (I did that with the auburn).

I will do my best to not buy it from the nitro guys also. Not a fan
Did the auburn unit fail because of the supercharger???

I've made probably 30 passes down the track since i put the auburn lsd in my tundra. NA for now but saving for the magnuson supercharger kit.

·
Premium Member
4,244 Posts
Did the auburn unit fail because of the supercharger???

I've made probably 30 passes down the track since i put the auburn lsd in my tundra. NA for now but saving for the magnuson supercharger kit.
I believe it’s only rated for about 500hp (not sure about tq). I have some mods also

I drive very spirited. Lots of corners, drifting, and some passes down the 1320 of course. I have also towed 10k across the country a few times and locally. It just couldn’t take it.

I don’t think you will ever have a problem being n/a. The track won’t hurt it much either as it’s straight when power is applied. It’s power through corners that seem to wear the cones down.

:dunno:

·
Premium Member
947 Posts
I have some mods also and some passes down the 1320 of course.
Jon, what mods do you have beyond the supercharger and what is your best 1/4 mile time/speed?

·
Premium Member
4,244 Posts
Jon, what mods do you have beyond the supercharger and what is your best 1/4 mile time/speed?
Smaller pulley, full Keith exhaust (stock manifolds back), shift kit, auburn, and Bdog (on the tune that doesn't affect fuel maps, forgot the name)

I've only hit the track twice and both times I drove up right into tech and into the staging lanes. Didn't remove the cooler or anything. 275/65/20 grapplers on heavy ass 20" Enkies and 2wd. If the auburn decides to work and I get any traction, I average around 13.02 (I don't remember speed. That was a couple years ago. I'd have to find the slips)

I'm pretty sure If I reduced the weight and got some proper tires/wheels, I could hit mid 12s

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts