Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have enjoyed my Tacoma for almost 3 years now. But the time has come for a truck that can pull my camper with ease.As my Tacoma will not do at least not happily. She wont get out of 3 third gear while towing. So I must upgrade , and i was all set on a Tundra, until I couldn’t find one that suited my needs.I haul e-bikes so i need a 6 foot box. I also dont really want to loose the features that my Tacoma has, (i have the TRD Sport package with tech option. I have a Sunroof in my double cab ) Well turns out I cant get a Tundra with a sunroof or moon roof and still get a 6 foot box to haul my bikes. So I’m moving on to a Ram that offers everything on my list plus the power i need. Sorry to see my Toyota go but Toyota doesn’t offer the choice i need.

·
Registered
160 Posts
The double cab has more back seat room than a taco, and it has a 6.5' box, and you can get the sun roof in the limited package. I would go that route. I owned a Dodge once........once. I won't make that mistake again.

·
Registered
842 Posts
My used 05 Dodge Cummins had a sun roof . THAT LEAKED LIKE NIAGRA FALLS.
I mean what heterosexual even puts a sunroof in a truck ? OMG i hated that thing.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a moon roof on my 04 Tundra that meets all your demands and I wont get another as the dang thing wont stop rattling no matter what I try. At least it doesnt leak.

·
Registered
37 Posts
My 2011 Sequoia just swamped last week. I parked at an angle that had the front PS corner lower than all others. Apparently a muddobber clogged that corner's drain hole and I didn't catch it.

I don't know what motivates people to want to add such a huge potential point of failure, but if I had to choose now, I would avoid a window up there.

Truthfully I cannot tell you when the last time was I had the cover slid back.. Nevermind even opening the actual glass. I find the heat and glare on the radio to be too much to keep the cover in any position other than closed.

·
Registered
842 Posts
My 2011 Sequoia just swamped last week. I parked at an angle that had the front PS corner lower than all others. Apparently a muddobber clogged that corner's drain hole and I didn't catch it.

I don't know what motivates people to want to add such a huge potential point of failure, but if I had to choose now, I would avoid a window up there.

Truthfully I cannot tell you when the last time was I had the cover slid back.. Nevermind even opening the actual glass. I find the heat and glare on the radio to be too much to keep the cover in any position other than closed.
100% True . a TRUCK with a sunroof ? Just not necessary , the money or the potential failure . ( a good point you brought up )
My wife INSISTS on having a sunroof on her cars ( 2011 Camry presently ) . 1300$ for the THREE times a year she uses it . OMG. ARRG.

ohh well ...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts