Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Getting a 2012 tundra 4x4 and looking for some performance upgrades that don't effect the warranty. I have a Volant, blistein front adj struts, rear blistein shocks, going to get the TRD sway bar, and getting a magnaflo muffler and dump it. The guys at toyota don't know anything. They claim if I have someone install the struts (which will give me 2" lift in the front) and shocks and something happens it voids the warranty. They said I can chip it and it doesn't void the warranty unless something happens. My question is, what is everything you can possibly due to upgrade power and off road ability without effecting the warranty. Appreciate your insight fellas.

·
Premium Member
5,489 Posts
Research the magnussan moss act.

This was a federal suit that says the manufacture has to prove that the installed aftermarket part caused the failure. SEMA has been big showing that the aftermarket support doesn't cause breakdowns.

The shocks won't void the warranty, neither will the exhaust or intake. The exhaust and intake may take away some bottom end power but they won't void any warranty.

·
Premium Member
5,728 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,489 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,728 Posts
I had a chance to post a link to Sparks Og..!! :D

·
Premium Member
5,489 Posts
I had a chance to post a link to Sparks Og..!! :D
I know, gotta earn that cup of coffee and your points for the sc:D

·
Registered
3,414 Posts
lol there is only one chip available & its not even that really, unichip is it, none of the other vehicle computer hacker companies have been able to figure it out.

·
Registered
770 Posts
Ask your dealer. It doesn't matter what any of us say, when your dealer tells you they won't fix something because you voided your warranty are you going to tell him "but a guy on the interwebz said it was covered!"

No, ask your dealer, some have awesome dealers, some have shit dealers, that's where the buck stops.

·
Premium Member
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I asked the dealer. The guy said a chip won't void your power train unless your issue can be proven in direct relation to your modification. There is a fine line there though. That's why I'm looking for guys who have chips and or any issues.

·
Registered
13,521 Posts
if you have a cv shaft fail due to the lift, then thats not warranty...

if you have a trans fail, that is warranty...

the steering rack seemed to be about 70% not warranty, however over the last several months that has changed cause the newer racks are not as durable and dont like lifts for some reason and most have been warranty...

in the end its dealer discretion, unless you get the law involved...

·
Premium Member
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i agree with you baddad, just don't have that kinda dough partner. In reality if i had the money i wouldn't even bother with a trd charger or a warranty. I would go for a vortech or something and just get stupid with a ridic amount of hp.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts