Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a tundra SR5 5.7L, and I have stock mirrors. I want to put on the double arm heated and signal tow mirror. Will my stock wiring harness work for the turn signal mirrors. Or do I have to change the wiring harness.

·
Banned
513 Posts
Anytime your switching to towing mirrors you have to have the features already on the truck for them to work on the new mirrors.

So if you have heated, power fold, turn signal stock mirrors, then those same features will work on the tow mirrors. Give TRDSparks(aka Sparks Toyota google it) a call and they can direct you to the appropriate part numbers for the mirrors that will have the correct features for your truck.

In my case I had a platinum which had all features enabled except running lights, thus my towing mirrors have all functionality other than memory and running lights.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
they should work,when i had my 08 sr5 i installed the limited mirrors with the turn signal in the mirror glass and the signals worked without any extra wiring.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I just installed a set of fold away/retractable mirrors. Online search and purchase, not Toyota. I have the TRD and SR5, with towing package. I removed the factory mirrors, no defrost, no blinker, but they were remote adjustable. The new set had defrost and blinker. They plugged right in and now I have defrost and blinker.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts