Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 40 of 2924 Posts

·
Banned
268 Posts
Hey N2deep what the hell! Giving away my info and expertise. Should of copyrighted that pic. Now the moderators really gonna think Im a buisness. Please note "that was in my garage at home". HAHA If any one has mid or LT questions email me or msg me. [email protected] Yes the new development for the rear shock will be good. I ran this setup years ago on my tundra before adding 16in bypasses and bed cage. I only gaind about 4in of up travel with bed cage and 16s and leaf under. So for a budget system this is great. Now stop giving away my secrets Craig. I had this under wraps since 08. LOL

·
Registered
277 Posts
Thanks for answering my questions guys, I appreciate the info.

Reactions: osidepunker

·
Registered
701 Posts
So would the KORE coil overs plus Total Chaos LCAs give the full 12.4" of front wheel travel that KORE advertises?

Then what would be a good matching rear set up? New springs and bypass shocks as well?

·
Registered
4,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Just got off the phone with TC.

If I install a secondary shock hoop for stock length arms, and later decide to go full LT, then I can reuse the shock hoop. Just need to replace the upper shock tabs. food for thought. Shock hoop is only ~500, waiting on a quote on install labor...

·
Registered
3,291 Posts
So would the KORE coil overs plus Total Chaos LCAs give the full 12.4" of front wheel travel that KORE advertises?

Then what would be a good matching rear set up? New springs and bypass shocks as well?
do you mean TC Upper Control arms?
Cause the Lower Control arms are for Long Travel.

·
Banned
268 Posts
Correct the added shock hoop can be used for LT and usually with the same tabs.. Food for thought on travel. Not all the 2nd gens are built to the exact same spec. So Ive had some with LT get 15in of travel and bolt the same exact kit on another truck and get 17in. Yes the KORE(same as fox) do get you around 12.5 but so do all the other brands. The KORE setup is avail as a FOX extended length. Same shock better price!!! But you have to notch the lower mount in the lower arm. Kings are almost a full 8in travel shock which is whats required for LT!!! Hmmm. And Ive bolted a lt kit on with a OEM king shock and only lose around a 1in of travel... But hit me up for either Fox , Icon Or King I can help get you a discount on your purchase even on TC!!!!!

·
Registered
701 Posts
do you mean TC Upper Control arms?
Cause the Lower Control arms are for Long Travel.
yeah I did mean upper arms, my bad.

So here's the set up in my head:
-KORE Fox 2.5 front coils (Prob set around 2.5" lift)
-TC UCAs
-Deaver 1" lift springs
-Fox rear shocks (what length?)
-Coach's 1" shackles as well.

Thoughts/comments/suggestions?

·
Registered
4,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Correct the added shock hoop can be used for LT and usually with the same tabs.. Food for thought on travel. Not all the 2nd gens are built to the exact same spec. So Ive had some with LT get 15in of travel and bolt the same exact kit on another truck and get 17in. Yes the KORE(same as fox) do get you around 12.5 but so do all the other brands. The KORE setup is avail as a FOX extended length. Same shock better price!!! But you have to notch the lower mount in the lower arm. Kings are almost a full 8in travel shock which is whats required for LT!!! Hmmm. And Ive bolted a lt kit on with a OEM king shock and only lose around a 1in of travel... But hit me up for either Fox , Icon Or King I can help get you a discount on your purchase even on TC!!!!!
Can I take my oem foxs and extend them like the KORES?

So you're saying the oem kings are almost 8 inches? How does that compare to my foxs? I have been thinking about switching...

·
Registered
4,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
yeah I did mean upper arms, my bad.

So here's the set up in my head:
-KORE Fox 2.5 front coils (Prob set around 2.5" lift)
-TC UCAs
-Deaver 1" lift springs
-Fox rear shocks (what length?)
-Coach's 1" shackles as well.

Thoughts/comments/suggestions?
That will be pretty close to my setup, except I am concentrating on load carrying capability. If you dont haul then the deavers will work well (I am assuming you mean full leaf pack)

For the rear go with kings or do the measurements and get custom length foxs. I am not happy with my oem rear foxs, they are limiting my travel with just a one inch shackle lift.

·
Registered
701 Posts
That will be pretty close to my setup, except I am concentrating on load carrying capability. If you dont haul then the deavers will work well (I am assuming you mean full leaf pack)

For the rear go with kings or do the measurements and get custom length foxs. I am not happy with my oem rear foxs, they are limiting my travel with just a one inch shackle lift.
I'm not terribly worried about load carrying. If i regularly start hauling a lot I'll just add some air bags.

But what other options are there for non-OEM Fox shocks in the rear? It doesn't look like KORE offers any.

·
Registered
3,291 Posts
I will have a set of Rear OEM Kings for sale next week. Gonna rebuild them first and they will be ready to go. New seals and Oil - Or if you want new let me know.

Reactions: 'merica

·
Registered
4,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
I'm not terribly worried about load carrying. If i regularly start hauling a lot I'll just add some air bags.

But what other options are there for non-OEM Fox shocks in the rear? It doesn't look like KORE offers any.
air bags for tundras do not work well if you have more travel than stock. I was hoping for LT airbags, but nobody has them yet...

Fox can do any length I believe. But you have to call them and tell them what length you want cuz they dont list it on the website

·
Registered
701 Posts
air bags for tundras do not work well if you have more travel than stock. I was hoping for LT airbags, but nobody has them yet...

Fox can do any length I believe. But you have to call them and tell them what length you want cuz they dont list it on the website
So without killing my load carrying capacity would the Icon coil expansion pack be a good option?

·
Registered
3,291 Posts
No no LT yet. Other things I need before that - Just changing up the rear a bit and want gears and hoping the auburn ected gets released for the Tundra. Might have something else up my sleeve. :D :eek:

U goin lt Craig?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Banned
5,396 Posts
No no LT yet. Other things I need before that - Just changing up the rear a bit and want gears and hoping the auburn ected gets released for the Tundra. Might have something else up my sleeve. :D :eek:
Cant wait, ive done a little since u last seen my truck!! Im now full mt but thinking about lt but I need to figure out the payload situation first. Also got the 2nd gen rock stars!!!!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

21 - 40 of 2924 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.