Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
2921 - 2924 of 2924 Posts

·
Vendor
564 Posts
We do them all the time

Thanks for the reply Vince, that truck looks great. I'm trying to see how much the tires stick out past the fender. Do you know about how much that is? Do you have any pics from an angle that will show that? I'm also worried about trail performance, will the tires stuff into the fender/bumper or body mount while out mobbin? I like the 17" wheels, just wish they came in a +25mm offset.
They Don't stick out too far. We have not had anyone bash their fenders yet, that's with 35's as well (those do have a body mount and bumper trimming though)

On a 33" should be no issue at all.

Here are some better pics. On a 2014 though

·
Premium Member
172 Posts
We do them all the time

Thanks for the reply Vince, that truck looks great. I'm trying to see how much the tires stick out past the fender. Do you know about how much that is? Do you have any pics from an angle that will show that? I'm also worried about trail performance, will the tires stuff into the fender/bumper or body mount while out mobbin? I like the 17" wheels, just wish they came in a +25mm offset.
I have the above wheels and I love the look!
They do stick out but not as much as you think. I can take a pic and I'll post it tonight.

·
Premium Member
172 Posts
Stock you could consider the Raptor Mid travel. Generally Long travel requires you going wider on the suspension (2.5-3.5" over is typical per side) to allow for more wheel travel. We offer a full Raptor L/T kit that's 2" over per side and cycles 16.5" of travel with working 4WD.

On a Tundra, TC and Camburg will be about 12-14" of travel with theit L/T kit's depending on shock choice.

Most Mid travel set-ups only gain you 0.5-1.5" of additional wheel travel. But your getting a bigger shock which is the big thing. It's not so much about the amount of wheel travel, it's how you control the travel you have.

Currently No one offers a replacement stock length LCA for the Tundra. If you had a aTacoma or Raptor there are options.

Going full Long travel would kill your payload. But a nice Coilover/UCA system up front, a good 2.5" dia. shock out back, and the correct spring option will get you where you want to be.

Be careful reading too much into things. A lot of people try to over analyze things, especially on the forums. But the thing is, everyone has a different thought of what ride's good. Doing too much research will have you chasing your tail going crazy with all the "He said she said" stuff. I once read on the internet that Abe Lincoln said "If you read it on the internet it must be true" :D

You want a good balance of both. You don't want one to outperform the other too much, then you would feel it. ON any full size, a 2.5" rear shock with a resi is really needed if you plan to use the truck at all off-road and want it to keep up with a coilover/UCA up front. The trade off with that is the 2.5" shocks can handle a higher PSI and dampen more, so it can sometimes feel stiff depending on the driver (everyone is different) That higher PSI and dampening also helps control payload as well though. It does not increase it, but it helps take some load off the springs.
You are correct! I'm just going to stick with what we have talked about. What you described made perfect sense.

Thanks Again!

2921 - 2924 of 2924 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.