Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
that would be correct. Running them any lower than that usually causes side wall issues in a 10 ply. they are a stonger side wall, but not as flexible as a P rated tire, and running them lower than that would have the same effect as running any other tire under-inflated.

Although the 50/55 psi will give you the same load carrying ablility as the P rated at 30/33 and would be fine for running around town and empty running, 65psi would probably be better for towing, stiffen the sidewalls up some more for towing, and not sacrifice ride quality too much, much more above that, being a 1/2 ton, I would think you would just start wearing the centres of the tires out. 65 psi is what the shop I used to work at used on 3/4T trucks with 10 ply tires on them, seems to give decently even wear.

Reactions: tvman

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
P rated does have the green rating, at the time I purchased mine, the E rated did not have a green rating, but I just passed the 3 year mark of having them

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
Sorry, I stayed with the P rated, Now that camping season is over, the next 7 months my truck is pretty much always empty and used for commuting to and from the local park and ride lol.

If the E rated had the Green rating at that time, I probably would have went with those

Reactions: tvman
1 - 3 of 3 Posts