Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've decided I want either Method Grid wheels or Standard. And the Grids have the simulated beadlock ring like the NV. So, my question is to anyone with NVs, Grids, or Double Standards with the simulated beadlock. Does water or dirt get stuck in the ring when washing or driving in the rain? Is it an issue? Would you choose different wheels if you had to do it again because of this? When washing the wheels is it something that comes into play also? I can just get the standards or mesh and avoid this. I live in NY where weather plays a factor with snow and salt. What's your take?

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have had Method NV's for about 4 years now, I'm in Canada I run on them spring,summer,fall and winter. I have never had a issue with water or dirt "pooling" or stuck in the simulated beadlock. The only thing is the hardware around the beadlock does rust as the zinc plating wears off. I think Method will send you new hardwear for something like 2 years I've heard or you can just send them out to get re-coated. If I was to buy wheels again Method would still be in the running for sure. Hope the helps with you choice!

·
Registered
352 Posts
I'm running 18" Method Standard rims. They are holding up very well. I have no issue with the rims what soever. They have been through two cross country trips and a winter in fricking cold Wyoming with temps down to -27 degrees and snow and mud.

Tire Alloy wheel Rim Automotive tire Wheel

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Automotive tire

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have Method Grids in 18's. No issues, haven't seen anything with dirt getting stuck in the ring or anything like that. I guess the only thing that bothers me is after driving in the rain water pools on the lip between the ring and the face of the wheel. I'd go Method again on my next set. They were also lightweight compared to a lot of other wheels I was looking at.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.