Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone on here run methanol injection or methanol/water injection? I have never heard of anyone putting one of these kits on a Tundra and was wondering if there is something about our engines that are not compatible. From everything I have heard/read, methanol injection is less harmful to your engine than NoS and it's much more consistently available power than NoS. I would love to hear some input from all you guys that know way more than I do.

Reactions: Mr. Creosote

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Are you talking about meth injection on a NA Engine? I've never heard of that being done but I could be wrong... I always thought you used meth injection on boosted applications to keep temps. down and to not create knock?

·
Premium Member
1,371 Posts
Meth isn't used for power necessarily. It's more of a precaution for boosted motors to keep the AFR on the rich side and prevent any damage or as Nate said, knock. Supercharged (Eddy) has a meth kit on his truck. I think he has it set to spray when he hits 5 lbs of boost.

It doesn't come in bottles like NOS either. you should have a reservoir and need to refill it when empty just like gas. and just to be clear, there is no 50hp, 100hp, 150hp, etc... shots of meth. That only implies on NOS.

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong.

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Meth isn't used for power necessarily. It's more of a precaution for boosted motors to keep the AFR on the rich side and prevent any damage or as Nate said, knock. Supercharged (Eddy) has a meth kit on his truck. I think he has it set to spray when he hits 5 lbs of boost.

It doesn't come in bottles like NOS either. you should have a reservoir and need to refill it when empty just like gas. and just to be clear, there is no 50hp, 100hp, 150hp, etc... shots of meth. That only implies on NOS.

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong.
You are correct sir.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for all the info guys. This is exactly why I post questions on here.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts