Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was at a big-o tires today and when they took my truck back a guy came out where I was sitting. He told me that he loved my truck and that I had many more miles to go with her. I said yea I think it should be real reliable and he said no I have a 07 with the same 5.7 with over 400,000. I couldn't quite believe it but he showed me the odometer and sure enough. Nothing but religious maintenance. I'm pretty impressed that's for sure!!!

·
Registered
341 Posts
Now, you are speaking my language! None of this, "I have 12,000 trouble free miles!" mess. I'm talking real miles!

·
Premium Member
3,714 Posts
Awesome! Surprised he had time to talk.. thats allot of driving, cool story.

·
Registered
13,893 Posts
My dad does about 80/year or so... I think he is near 150-160 now... 11 caravan. He has had some weird shit wear out tho. Wheel bearings, shocks, brakes 5 times, tires 4 times... Goofy ass dodge related electrical issues LOL.

Reactions: Ogtoyfan

·
Registered
341 Posts
Good news for me...if my math is correct, my 2007 should last 25 more years with the miles I put on it per year :yikes:
Yep, that's what I want, like my '93 Dakota, 20 years old and still going strong! Only thing wrong is odometer broke about 9 years ago at 120,000 miles, so I don't know how many miles on it now, but the thing has been the best vehicle I've ever owned! Yep, a Dodge! V6 3.9L engine. I digress, we're talking Tundra here. I like that they last a long time! I keep all my stuff a long time, hey, I like old things! Otherwise, I wouldn't like meself.

Reactions: Ogtoyfan

·
Registered
4,315 Posts
My dad does about 80/year or so... I think he is near 150-160 now... 11 caravan. He has had some weird shit wear out tho. Wheel bearings, shocks, brakes 5 times, tires 4 times... Goofy ass dodge related electrical issues LOL.
Wow, is this business or pleasure?

Dodge just makes their wiring a nightmare. Have you seen some models with taillight computer chips installed? Those get really pricy to replace.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Dang, I thought my '08 DC 4.7 with 123k miles was a lot of driving in 5 yrs! That's a lot of windshield time lol

·
Registered
423 Posts
Owww $100k in gas. :| I sure hope that the truck was an absolute requirement for work. Otherwise he could have driven a Camry and saved $50k.

·
Banned
1,853 Posts
Owww $100k in gas. :| I sure hope that the truck was an absolute requirement for work. Otherwise he could have driven a Camry and saved $50k.
My guess would be that someone who puts that many miles on a truck is doing it for work.

If so, sure, $100k or so in gas, $200k or so in deductions (or mileage reimbursements), just for mileage :D

If I drive my personal vehicle for work, my employer cuts me a check for $.55/mile. Even guzzling gas, I make money. When I travel out of state to check on my rental, I get .55/mile as a business deduction, which is almost 3 to 1 on my money :D

1 - 20 of 30 Posts