Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Banned
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed the Meng V.2 6000K kits in my low beams and fog lights. Simple plug and play install. I love the 6000K color, and especially love the difference from the factory halogen lighting. The kits only took 2 days to get to NY from California, and their customer service is Amazing!!! An overall great product with German technology, not Chinese. Highly recommended!!!

·
Registered
13,609 Posts
german tech, made in china meng...
lol

·
Premium Member
3,713 Posts
11Crewmax Great consistency in all your lights, they look great! I just ordered a set of 9005 5000K for a Sienna :)

** Pulled this from there website. **

With HIDs, you will notice a beam that shines further and wider than the traditional halogen bulb. With increased safety, you can concentrate more on driving. Our HID kits also use a fraction of the energy consumption and still lasts several years longer than traditional bulbs. All V.2 kits are made with German AC digital components and are tested before shipment. Kit includes everything required for install, even free nitrile gloves!

Key Features:
Entire kit is 100% waterproof, dust proof and shockproof.
High quality quartz glass used for bulbs.
New state of the art color coating process.
Quick snap waterproof connections.
12 Stages of testing before shipment.
ISO 9001-2000 Certified.
%100 German components.
AC digital ballasts for maximum reliability.
Low power consumption - 35W.
Estimate of 300% visibility when compared to halogens.
Four year warranty!
Increase visibility and safety!

Kit includes all required hardware. Gloves and manual are not shown:

100% metal case with rubber injection:

Color chart:

422 ratings

click on a star to rate
COMMENT BY JAY W - APRIL 18 2012 @ 12:43 AM

Highly recommend these kits. My V.2's are about a year old and still work good..

User rating:

·
"BHLM Master"
3,232 Posts
They're on vacation until the 21st, couldn't order last night, damn!

·
Registered
189 Posts
Silly question here but can I put hid's in for my low beams on a stock housing?

I would like to do fogs and low beams on my 2012.

What bulbs are in our trucks?

Thanks
For the help.

·
Registered
141 Posts
You can. HOWEVER, you will be lighting up every car that comes your way.

HIDs are made for projector headlights, not reflectors, which is what the Tundra comes with stock. By getting an HID kit, you run the risk of a ticket and blinding other drivers.

Our trucks have H11 bulbs, so an H11 kit is (basically) plug-n-play. There's a little bit of messing around you have to do, but it's nothing major.

Your best option is to get a set of projector headlights AND HIDs and do it all at once.

Here's the headlights I ended up getting. http://www.tundratalk.net/forums/tundra-lighting/111665-ebay-projector-headlights-installed-awesome.html

·
Registered
424 Posts
Hey...... That set up link looks awfully familiar....
:–D

Sent from my DROID RAZR using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Banned
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
11Crewmax Great consistency in all your lights, they look great! I just ordered a set of 9005 5000K for a Sienna :)

** Pulled this from there website. **

With HIDs, you will notice a beam that shines further and wider than the traditional halogen bulb. With increased safety, you can concentrate more on driving. Our HID kits also use a fraction of the energy consumption and still lasts several years longer than traditional bulbs. All V.2 kits are made with German AC digital components and are tested before shipment. Kit includes everything required for install, even free nitrile gloves!

Key Features:
Entire kit is 100% waterproof, dust proof and shockproof.
High quality quartz glass used for bulbs.
New state of the art color coating process.
Quick snap waterproof connections.
12 Stages of testing before shipment.
ISO 9001-2000 Certified.
%100 German components.
AC digital ballasts for maximum reliability.
Low power consumption - 35W.
Estimate of 300% visibility when compared to halogens.
Four year warranty!
Increase visibility and safety!

Kit includes all required hardware. Gloves and manual are not shown:

100% metal case with rubber injection:

Color chart:

422 ratings

click on a star to rate
COMMENT BY JAY W - APRIL 18 2012 @ 12:43 AM

Highly recommend these kits. My V.2's are about a year old and still work good..

User rating:
Nice!

·
Registered
189 Posts
You can. HOWEVER, you will be lighting up every car that comes your way.

HIDs are made for projector headlights, not reflectors, which is what the Tundra comes with stock. By getting an HID kit, you run the risk of a ticket and blinding other drivers.

Our trucks have H11 bulbs, so an H11 kit is (basically) plug-n-play. There's a little bit of messing around you have to do, but it's nothing major.

Your best option is to get a set of projector headlights AND HIDs and do it all at once.

Here's the headlights I ended up getting. http://www.tundratalk.net/forums/tundra-lighting/111665-ebay-projector-headlights-installed-awesome.html

I checked with the eBay seller you bought your projectors from and they only have lights for an 07-10 .....figures. Many others have lights for my 2012 but I'm a little hesitant without seeing them on another members truck.

Thanks for the info. On the hid's also.

·
"BHLM Master"
3,232 Posts
Projectors

I checked with the eBay seller you bought your projectors from and they only have lights for an 07-10 .....figures. Many others have lights for my 2012 but I'm a little hesitant without seeing them on another members truck.

Thanks for the info. On the hid's also.
Tator, not crapping on the man's thread- but go over to theretrofitsource.com and check out the morimotor projectors- I've installed a few sets for clients in my business- they are really nice. If you want a few pics of the install and trucks, drop me a pm-

I became impatient waiting on the Meng kits and bought from DDM last night:eek: 35watt 6k slim ballast H-11's. Their quality and reviews are very good and a lot of teh guys run them over here

·
"Resident Liberal"
12,231 Posts
^^ I have a hard time taking quality night shots of vehicle lights even with my good Nikon. Truck looks great though!
You need to put it on a tripod and at manual settings up the iso, lower the aperature and set the shutter speed low

1 - 20 of 20 Posts