Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,729 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well finally got the MBRP dual side exit on.
Power feels the same to be so far, but I don't tow.
Drone...don't think I've experienced it, but I haven't gotten a headache yet.:D

Pics and vids aren't the best but you get the point.

Start up

Driving windows down

Windows down.MOV - YouTube

Highway windows down then up right at the end when the camera battery dies

Reactions: chphilo

·
Registered
210 Posts
Sweet, this is the kit i plan using when i get the cash :)

·
Registered
3,729 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
you have the part number ?

thanks tom
Part# S5316409 . Keep in mind this is on my 2010 crewmax and it's for the 409 stainless steel.

If you have a different year like 07-08 or different model it will be a different part #.

Also, if you want aluminized or T304(higher end stainless) it will also be a different part #.

·
Registered
666 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
nice exhaust. im running the same one on my 5.7, jw i get a ticking sound out of the drivers side of mine but not the passenger side like an exhaust leak but havent been able to find any leaks. just wondering if yours had the same problem. also in the instructions it says to use some steel rings which im guessing are like a compression fitting. the stock exhaust had 3 on it and i just realized the other day that ive still got one left over and im thinking that may be the culprit. how many did you use?

·
Registered
3,729 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I think I might have a small exhaust leak, not 100% sure. I think one of my flanges might have been welded a bit off(not straight).

Sounds like you just have the one that was located on the stock system where the compression style fitting was leftover(where the stock exhaust broke in 2 pieces as should have this left over).

I really had to cinch up the bolts to seal the gaskets and may try to switch them out to the style that is the same shape as the flange and is thicker than the stock metal ring.

·
Registered
33 Posts
let me know if you make any progress on it. like i said i coulda sworrn the instructions said you had to reuse it but idk illl see if i can find it in the morning. either way nice truck and hope you enjoy the exhaust.

·
Registered
8,147 Posts
:thumbsup::thumbsup:Niiiiiiiice!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Well finally got the MBRP dual side exit on.
Power feels the same to be so far, but I don't tow.
Drone...don't think I've experienced it, but I haven't gotten a headache yet.:D

Pics and vids aren't the best but you get the point.

Start up

Driving windows down

Windows down.MOV - YouTube

Highway windows down then up right at the end when the camera battery dies
How is the sound in the cab with the windows up? Any drone at all? I am thinking about ordering this kit possibly this week.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts