Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was wondering if anyone out there has the single or dual kit on their 5.7. I've been searching and searching for months on what I want for exhaust and I believe this is it I just don't know which is better for sound etc. I'm leaning towards the dual side exit but any help would be great and sound clips also. I've listened to every one I can find on you tube and was wanting some sound of it when driving not just sitting there revving. Any help is appreciated

Reactions: Mr. Creosote

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ha ha ya i know ive seen a lot about them. All the clips ive heard sound a little raspy to me and i kinda like fact of getting a warranty as well

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ya im sure its quality stuff but that raspy blatty sound is just not for me

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Mmm well i do like balls deep. I guess that settles that. Did you loose any low end or npt noticeable. You re truck is the one that gave me the idea of the duals in the first place

·
Registered
3,726 Posts
No low end loss noticeable to me. Feels like quicker acceleration but that's probably psychological.
If you used shackles to lift the rear be aware the pipes get close to the leafs.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hmm good to know i was thinking on switching out my resr blocks for shackles. You dont happen to have any more clips of your trucks sound do you?

·
Registered
3,726 Posts
That's all I've got...no one's driven my truck except me so I don't even know what it sounds like from outside...lol

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ha ha ya i had that problem with my 05 so had my buddy drop me on the side of the road and hammer it by me up a hill

·
Premium Member
3,023 Posts

MBRP single exhaust. I liked it while on my 2011. I now have the AFE single side, and I seem to like it better than the MBRP. Both do have a nasty drone to them.

·
Premium Member
3,044 Posts
Are you dead set on the MBRP brand?? Because by the end of today you will see about 30 people tell you BA mufflers/exhaust is the only way to go with your truck.. Just a forewarning lol.
^^^^ This is 100% correct! Give Keith a call and tell him what you are looking for. I'm sure he would have something that would fit your fancy! You will not be more pleased.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
f ya guy givah the friggin corn!! define this "drone" everyone talks about. drone like you can hear it inside or make your ears bleed cause if you can just hear it like I could in your video thats what I want. that sounds great to me. I had gibson on my 05 and I thought it sounded great. the k&n I had "droned" more than the exhaust, I was always wanting to hear it a little more on the highway. thanks for the video too

·
Registered
3,726 Posts
I'm not sure if I've experienced drone but mine doesn't give me a headache.
Someone else on here did mention drone on his AFE too and on the single MBRP which I think was the economy turndown style.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Ah i gotcha. Well im pretty sure when i get the extra 6.5 bills ill go with the dual 409 kit. I like the looks of it as well

Reactions: theoat
1 - 16 of 16 Posts