Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently have 33"s under my 2011 Tundra. I have installed the Rough Country 3/1 leveling kit and seem happy with that (for this minute). I was given a set of 35" TOYO Open Country M/T tires and would love to put those on the truck. I know I would have to trim some to prevent scrubbing. Does anyone have any input on 35's with just a leveling kit. Has anyone learned the hard way that this can be done without a big problem or is this not the way to go?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,048 Posts
a lot depands on your rim size and offset

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They are 18 inch rims. Due to buying them used, I am unsure what the off set is. The size of the tire is 35x12.50

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Will do. I would say they are 35mm offset due to them sticking out from the fender about .5 inch to an inch. Thanks for the insight.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
And yes they are 18" rims

·
Registered
8,147 Posts
Are you saying your tire sticks out beyond the fender 0.5 - 1 inch? What size (width) is your tire?

·
Registered
42 Posts
mine would fit the 35's with stock RW rims w/o alot of trimming.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
@chphilo.......The tires that I am running now are 325/60/18's. The Toyo Open Countrys are 35x12.50

·
Registered
148 Posts
im runnin 35x12.50x20 mud grapplers on a 20x9 with a +35 offset, i trimmed the side sections off of my skid plate and pushed the plastic forward and rescrewed it in the front of the fender well and i have no rubbing on a 3/1.5 level. i with the 1.5 to give little rake since i pull a boat in the summer didnt want it to look sacked out all the time with anything behind it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts