Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know everyone always ask for roof height and the measurements seem to differ by a couple inches for the same set up so if anyone can comment that they has fit in a regular height garage with a 4" pro comp or 4.5" BDS. I know 6" is out of the question.

I need it to be able to fit in the garage for storage while I'm at work during the winter.

Currently have. 3/1 with 35s and looks like I have more then just 2" of clearance, any one who has a 4" or taller lift can comment that would be appreciated.

·
Registered
964 Posts
I vote you park it at its highest point under the garage then measure what clearance you have.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I vote you park it at its highest point under the garage then measure what clearance you have.
It will be going on a new truck and I think my 3/1 sits a little low. I will take a measurement when I get off shift at lowest clearance height.

·
Registered
964 Posts
Oh I see...
Well in that case I vote you just build a bigger garage! lol

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yea I wish. Garage set up is not ideal but will have to do. Took me long enough to find a 22x24 garage in the city. 8' door would be prime.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Well, I must say that I was late to meet some friends one time and there was a parking garage right where I needed to be. The PG was labeled at 7'0" maximum height with the PVC bar running across the entrance, presumably at that height. I decided to give it a shot....

I made it under that bar, and even with the distractions of my wife screaming at me for doing it, I made it down as far as the second level before I HAD to find a place to park the truck. It seemed to get tighter, the lower I went. I actually had to swerve around smoke detectors and sprinkler heads.

I was just going to measure my truck. I built my house with 8' garage doors but we're thinking about moving and I need to figure out if I can fit in a 7' garage myself. Mainly because I want to go another couple of inches but if I can fit under 7' as I sit, I probably won't go any higher.

Dave

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well, I must say that I was late to meet some friends one time and there was a parking garage right where I needed to be. The PG was labeled at 7'0" maximum height with the PVC bar running across the entrance, presumably at that height. I decided to give it a shot....

I made it under that bar, and even with the distractions of my wife screaming at me for doing it, I made it down as far as the second level before I HAD to find a place to park the truck. It seemed to get tighter, the lower I went. I actually had to swerve around smoke detectors and sprinkler heads.

I was just going to measure my truck. I built my house with 8' garage doors but we're thinking about moving and I need to figure out if I can fit in a 7' garage myself. Mainly because I want to go another couple of inches but if I can fit under 7' as I sit, I probably won't go any higher.

Dave
If a 6" and 35s could fit in a 7ft garage door I would be suprised but it might clear. I don't need a lot of clearance just enough!

·
Registered
526 Posts
I'll try to get it tonight and get back to 'ya

Dave

Reactions: Brost

·
"The Midnight Modder"
11,213 Posts
3 inch spacer and 305/55R20 and can clear 6"7" parking garage but its tighter than my jeans after the buffet.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
3 inch spacer and 305/55R20 and can clear 6"7" parking garage but its tighter than my jeans after the buffet.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using AutoGuide.Com Free App
just by this adding another 3" off suspension lift and 1.5" off lift from 32s to 35s puts it at 6'11.5", be scary pulling in with an empty tank hah:eek:

·
Registered
262 Posts
Before I bought my truck a couple months ago. We looked at an 08 w/4.5" lift and 35's. It was about 6'10" and could fit. But to close for me.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Before I bought my truck a couple months ago. We looked at an 08 w/4.5" lift and 35's. It was about 6'10" and could fit. But to close for me.
Thanks for the input!
I just skimmed through a thread by emilenkie I think his name is. He said with the 4.5" and 35s he sits around 84" and will not fit in a standard garage.
Not to sure what to think not saying either is wrong or right just seems wierd that there would be 1.5-2" difference between different members with this set up.
Just trying to get a local dealer to do a price match on a '13 crewmax platinum with an out of town dealer, unsure on color but most likely summit white again. Hopefully all goes good and I could have a new truck soon and swap some parts over before I get rid of the old one.

·
Registered
442 Posts
I just added the 3" lift with 35's and I've got just under 3 inches of clearance in my garage. I bet you could do a 4.5" lift. I'm thinking about it myself lol

·
Registered
526 Posts
Thanks for the input!
I just skimmed through a thread by emilenkie I think his name is. He said with the 4.5" and 35s he sits around 84" and will not fit in a standard garage.
Not to sure what to think not saying either is wrong or right just seems wierd that there would be 1.5-2" difference between different members with this set up.
Springs settle over time and use?

I know that my front sat a tad bit HIGHER than the rear when I first put the lift on. This was as you viewed the truck on level ground from the side. Now, from the same view point, the front is a tad LOWER than the rear.

I've changed nothing so I can only blame it on the springs settling.

.....and no, my life is stupid busy and I forgot to check the clearance. I'll get to it, I swear. :)

Dave

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I have a 2012 CM with OME kit with 614's and 35" Toyo m/t and i got less than an inch clearance.
hows the ride with those? I was thinking OME next or Pro Comp 4"

·
Registered
758 Posts
This thread reminds me of years ago going to a buddies house to help him take his lift off......right after he put it on......

Pulled into his garage, put the coils on, too tall to pull back out :lol5:

·
Registered
19 Posts
This thread reminds me of years ago going to a buddies house to help him take his lift off......right after he put it on......

Pulled into his garage, put the coils on, too tall to pull back out :lol5:
Air down the tires and air back up when you're out of the garage.

·
Registered
55 Posts
3/1 Leveling kit

1 - 19 of 19 Posts