Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've searched for the past two days but can't seem to find my answer. I'm looking for a 3.5 - 4 inch lift. Is this possible with only coilovers and UCAs?

·
Registered
134 Posts
I see you have a 4x4, I wouldn't go past 3" of lift with just a coil over. You'll get extreme CV angles for the front axles and they will wear out prematurely.

If you want 4" of lift you need a bracket lift that drops the front diff down. This will bring the CV angles back down.

·
Registered
8,147 Posts
Look into Old Man Emu with heavy coils (613) for a set-up close to what you want. The ride will be stiff though.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanx for the info guys.

I guess I'll be going with the OME lift. Would I be able to add coilovers later to this set up?

·
Registered
134 Posts
The OME lift is springs and shocks, it's not adjustable.

If you want an adjustable coil over, you need to get Kings, Fox's, Icons, etc... You might be able to get 3.5" of lift by cranking the preload way up, but I wouldn't advise it. The ride will be super stiff, and then again, you run into extreme CV angles.

Really the right way to get any lift above 3" is a bracket style lift that drops the front diff down.

·
Banned
268 Posts
You can crank up adjustable coilovers Like Fox, King, Icon, Sway a way/Camburgs, ADS to any desired height that the ball joints will allow. To joke around with a co worker years I cranked my foxes up to get about 6.5in of lift with just uca and 2.5 coilovers. But only to mock him and his 6in lift. The higher you go the worse the ride quality! Typically I recommend 2in of droop travel. This allows the shock to work correctly under any height. Basically if you measure from fender to top of tire and then jack up truck from frame and the measurement increases over 2in your good. OME set up is nice but not ideal due to spring loads placed on shock, and these oem style shocks have a tendency to break at weak points. I always have sales on coilover shocks from the big brands and can help you out with any further ?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts