Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have pictures of their Toyota with the black texture fender wells pocket type with the rivets. Or studs . Include brand or a link if you can.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

· Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yep looks like they forgot the paint imo.but i would be more concerned how well will they hold up in the hot sun without some coating? someone will chime in and let us know because lots have done it.

I just don't see paying almost $700 for the color match ones when I can get these Maybe I'll vinyl wrap em or get them painted

· Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I installed the smooth Lund fender flares with rivets. Black and MGM doesn't really match together. I plasti dipped mine in anthracite grey, which is the closest color match for MGM, but it is a bit lighter. I used about 1 can for each flare and that is about 6 coats. Then I added 3 coats of glossifier for UV protection. I recently washed my truck using a pressure washer and no damage to the plasti dip.

I just bought the magnetic grey paint I might actually paint mine or use the plasti dip primer first then paint or I found these other plasti dip color I'm attach pictures of different paint
This is if I actually paint or use the white plasti primer because I might use plasti on chrome parts of the bulge and surrounding grill without actually painting chrome

Then I found these and wonder if anyone has tried these plasti paint color

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.