Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have pictures of their Toyota with the black texture fender wells pocket type with the rivets. Or studs . Include brand or a link if you can.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
278 Posts
No. I have see them and they look like shit. The only way flat black fenders look good is on white trucks. On every other color it looks like you forgot to paint them

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
yep looks like they forgot the paint imo.but i would be more concerned how well will they hold up in the hot sun without some coating? someone will chime in and let us know because lots have done it.

Reactions: Kraziez

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yep looks like they forgot the paint imo.but i would be more concerned how well will they hold up in the hot sun without some coating? someone will chime in and let us know because lots have done it.

I just don't see paying almost $700 for the color match ones when I can get these Maybe I'll vinyl wrap em or get them painted

·
Registered
88 Posts
I installed the smooth Lund fender flares with rivets. Black and MGM doesn't really match together. I plasti dipped mine in anthracite grey, which is the closest color match for MGM, but it is a bit lighter. I used about 1 can for each flare and that is about 6 coats. Then I added 3 coats of glossifier for UV protection. I recently washed my truck using a pressure washer and no damage to the plasti dip.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I installed the smooth Lund fender flares with rivets. Black and MGM doesn't really match together. I plasti dipped mine in anthracite grey, which is the closest color match for MGM, but it is a bit lighter. I used about 1 can for each flare and that is about 6 coats. Then I added 3 coats of glossifier for UV protection. I recently washed my truck using a pressure washer and no damage to the plasti dip.

Looking good buddy. The slight contrast makes it pop, imo

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

I just bought the magnetic grey paint I might actually paint mine or use the plasti dip primer first then paint or I found these other plasti dip color I'm attach pictures of different paint
This is if I actually paint or use the white plasti primer because I might use plasti on chrome parts of the bulge and surrounding grill without actually painting chrome

Then I found these and wonder if anyone has tried these plasti paint color

·
Registered
88 Posts
Thanks. At first I didn't like it but it grew on me. I also added 1.5" spacers from wheel adapter.com to be flushed with the fenders. Luckily they are local to me and they installed for me on the spot. Great mom and pops company to work with.

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
My Bushwackers on Barcelona Red.

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts