Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a buddy that works at a local muffler shop, they had a customer come in last week and get some Maga flows put on his car, he came back the next day and had them taken off and some other mufflers installed because he wanted it louder, so he gave me the new takeoffs, I'm unsure what series or model that they are, but they are 2.5 single in/ single out. I took off the factory set up at the muffler and put some turndowns. I'm very happy with the sound, no cab drone, aggressive when you get on it, but very tame at idle

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
45 Posts
I was told by my local muffler shop that battery should be disconnected at least for 15 minutes so that the computer sensor will forget the old system & recognizes the new one, they do this all the time. If not, it will result to bad mpg.
Yours sounds good and glad u still get good mpg.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
I've learned that you can't judge how the Magnaflows will sound when they are new. They are pretty quiet when they are new. After the packing in them hardens from the heat (approximately a couple months), they will get louder and sound more aggressive. I've had Magnaflows on every truck I've owned, and they were always "quiet" when new. After they break in, they sound pretty raspy.

·
Registered
318 Posts
So what Magna Flows would be recommended for our '14's?

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
So what Magna Flows would be recommended for our '14's?
Depends how loud you want it. These second gen Tundras are pretty quiet because of how many catalytic converters they have. I have the Magnaflow race muffler on mine with a turn down, and it's perfect for me. Not too loud, but sounds great when on the throttle.

Another muffler set up you might want to look into is the BAMuffler. I've heard excellent things about them. You can get them through dirty deeds industries (I think he's on this forum).

·
Premium Member
911 Posts
Depends how loud you want it. These second gen Tundras are pretty quiet because of how many catalytic converters they have. I have the Magnaflow race muffler on mine with a turn down, and it's perfect for me. Not too loud, but sounds great when on the throttle.

Another muffler set up you might want to look into is the BAMuffler. I've heard excellent things about them. You can get them through dirty deeds industries (I think he's on this forum).
The race muffler/turn down is the set up I want. How is the drone?

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
No drone with my set up, they are dumped right before the rear axle

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Same here. My exhaust goes into a Y pipe (2 into 1) into the race muffler, and a turn down. No bad droning. I have a fist gen Tundra that's being built into a desert truck, and it has a race muffler after the each header, and that thing sounds like a damn trophy truck. I can't even listen to the radio or talk to my passenger. The set up on my 2007 CM is quiet enough for me to listen to music, talk to passengers, and enjoy my drive.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts