Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to throw this out there in case any of you (like me) were getting discouraged over which exhaust system creates the best sound for the Tundra, For every positve post online I read (and heard) there was a negative one to offset the positive. Finally I spoke to several family owned muffler shops in the town I live. I told them I was looking for a retro muscle car sound with a depp rumble as opposed to a tin can (aka droning) sound. It came down to Flowmaster or MagnaFlow. One shop convinced me of the MagaFlow because he explained that Flowmaster, Corsa, etc were all good exhaust systems but had a very different sound...just depending upon what sound you wanted. He personally liked the sound of MagnaFlow on a Tundra because it brought out the deep rumble of that beast of power plant. Anyway, I had th Magnaflow muffler installed and dual outs put on by the shop. This was not a kit and it cost me right at $400 out the door. LOVE the sound!!! Very veyr veyr pleased. Not too loud but enough rumble to let those Dodge, Chevy, and Ford boys know there is a beast under the hood after all. I would highly recommend this set up if you are looking for a deep sound with NO drone. Hope this helps...happy truckin my brothas!

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Good to hear you like the Magnaflow. You can't go wrong with Flowmaster or Borla either. Do you have the part number for your muffler? Is it a chamber or straight through design like the Borla? Thanks.

Reactions: Mr. Creosote

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
I had Magnaflow Dual in/out single muffler cat back system on my 2008 Tundra and loved the sound.
Does it drone around 50-65mph? Part number if possible? I am in the hunt for one that does not drone around those mph. Thanks.

·
Registered
339 Posts
I recently had a MF 13148 dual in single out. Sounds great, love it. There is a drone around 55-60. Other than that its quiet cruising. Plan on hemholtz resonator sometime to rid the drone.

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
I also get drone at 55-60 with my Flowmaster catback. Was thinking the same to rid the drones.

·
Registered
339 Posts
I sometimes slap it into selectable and put it in 5th , raises the rpms enough to rid the drone.

·
Registered
5,118 Posts
I had a Mag SI/DO system on my 4.7 Dakota. Good, smooth sound but drone right around 50-60 under certain throttle conditions. I switched to Dynomax mufflers. Noticeably louder but zero drone.

For the Tundra I think my dream exhaust remains the Corsa Sport.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Just had Magnaflow dual catback exhaust installed on my 2006 Tundra Stepside.
Sounds great.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts