Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

41 - 60 of 65 Posts

·
HID Retrofit Lord
1,481 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
btw, I found them for a real good price @ AMAZON

[ame]http://www.amazon.com/Philips-12824WLEDX1-DayLight-Powered-Daytime/dp/B005DX6BKW/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1321556008&sr=8-1[/ame]

·
HID Retrofit Lord
1,481 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Mounted with 4 threaded screws and the gaps sealed with JB weld.
Easy fix :D
using a drill or a dremel cut a little hole in top of the 3 screws
like shown here:

Leave the one on the top so stay at the same level and star rotating the projector till you get them level!
try filling the holes with any material so the projector doesn't move to the original position, secure them with JB weld.

You will be all set !

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
pazorell69 how does the retrofit you did compare to the eAutolight kits on amazon? Sorry if thats a dumb question I'm kind of new to HIDs and LED kits. I have an 07 SR5 so no auto leveling or headlight adjustments in my headlight housing from factory. This kit looks like it replaces the entire assembly.

·
Registered
84 Posts
pazorell69 how does the retrofit you did compare to the eAutolight kits on amazon? Sorry if thats a dumb question I'm kind of new to HIDs and LED kits. I have an 07 SR5 so no auto leveling or headlight adjustments in my headlight housing from factory. This kit looks like it replaces the entire assembly.

http://www.amazon.com/Eautolight-Toyota-Tundra-Projector-Headlight/dp/B005VJH4MW/ref=pd_sim_sbs_auto_9
No dumb questions. :)

Those aftermarket setups use cheap components, don't always fit correctly, and most of those projectors (even when sold with HID kits) are really meant for a halogen bulb. Not to mention the design obviously didn't come from Toyota...the ones you posted are actually the best design I've seen for those lights, the first generation ones were pretty heinous.

Something like what pazo did uses OEM components from high-end vehicles, and is pretty much as close as you can get to factory specs. I love to mod vehicles, but in many cases, the build quality and fit of aftermarket stuff just doesn't compare to OEM. An HID retrofit is the best way to bridge the gap, IMO. That's why these projects start around $1,000 and climb from there, and those lights with a cheap HID kit are usually under <$300.

·
HID Retrofit Lord
1,481 Posts
Discussion Starter #49

Amazon.com: Eautolight Toyota Tundra CCFL Halo LED Projector Headlight Head Light With 6000k Slim Xenon HID Kit Chrome Pair New Set: Automotive
The output on those aftermarket headlights are just horrible, they were made for halogen bulbs not for hid, so the only way you could be happy with those headlights would be if you Replace the projectors and the halos
for real hid projectors and CCFL angel eyes.

for more details check this thread:

http://www.tundratalk.net/forums/tundra-lighting/95661-ebay-projector-headlights-retrofit.html

·
Registered
2,849 Posts

·
HID Retrofit Lord
1,481 Posts
Discussion Starter #51

·
F.B.I.
2,016 Posts
Paz, just saw this thread, this has to be the mod of the month. Awesome job, it turned out great! The lighting is simply pimp. :cool:

·
Premium Member
1,984 Posts
Thank you Paz been waiting for this for a while now. It was worth the wait.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Wow, I'm impressed. Would love to have this done to my truck but I don't have $1,000+ to spend on headlights and/or the knowledge/skills to do something like this

·
HID Retrofit Lord
1,481 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
Wow, I'm impressed. Would love to have this done to my truck but I don't have $1,000+ to spend on headlights and/or the knowledge/skills to do something like this
Bro, you don't need to spend a $1000 to do a retro, You can do a retrofit for less than $300.00 and I can assure the output will be far superior than the halogen output.

·
Registered
625 Posts
pazorell69

How did you wire the the quads?

*edit* Did you just splice the high beam into the relay harness low beam trigger with a diode?

·
Registered
625 Posts
Rytek, you going for a quad set up now?!
Yeah I've had a set of LS460s laying around for some time now and I need to do something with them. Plus, Pazorell's quad set up is so bad ass, I think I have to try it.

·
HID Retrofit Lord
1,481 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
pazorell69

How did you wire the the quads?

*edit* Did you just splice the high beam into the relay harness low beam trigger with a diode?
I'm running two hid relay harness, both connected to stock low beam plugs.
The hid harness send power to all 4 projectors ls430 and the minis.
The solenoid wires are connected to the stock high beam plugs.
You can get h10 connectors from eBay to make it waterproof, I used the stock bulbs to make the connectors ;)

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

41 - 60 of 65 Posts