Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking at lifts for my 2013 4x4 CM. Options I am thinking about with my current 285/55-20's (32.5") or future 285/65-20's (34.5") on my TSS off-road black wheels are the following:

1.) LRO 3/1
2.) LRO 3 and CB +2 shackle
3.) Toytec Coilover and CB +2 or +3 shackle

I carry kayaks/gear and tow a 600lb loaded kayak trailer frequently. I may also get a 18' boat in the future. Any suggestions? Any concern with CV angles??

·
Premium Member
3,714 Posts
Just replied to your PM :)

·
Registered
50 Posts
Have you looked at the OME setups? This is what I have decided to do with my truck. I do not have it installed yet, ordered yesterday, but I have not seen anyone say a negative thing about the OME products. I ordered the 614 springs which everyone says will need to have UCA, but if you use the 612 springs you should be able to still use stock arms to save some $$$.

Complete lift for '07 & Up Tundra

You can look up brockeverly's truck build, his truck is what pushed me to finally order this setup. http://www.tundratalk.net/forums/tundra-build-logs/115310-brockeverlys-build-thread-camping-overlanding-general-photo-whoring-inside.html

·
Registered
423 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,714 Posts
:) exactly what I PM'd Tundracruzen.

I sure enjoy my suspension, and while loaded love it even more!

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Coach for the PM. I had not thought about the OME front lift. I think I am going to go that route. You mentioned doing your +3 shackle, but I am wondering if the +2 would be better? However, I could end buying a boat in the future and currently carry gear and kayaks on a Thule Xsporter rack. I did some reading and have questions about the OME springs, 612 or 614. I dont plan to ever install a bumper or winch. Also, will I need new UCA's if I go with a 285/65/20 or 305/55/20 after my 285/55/20's are worn (stock 20x9 et50 wheels)? Are my stock 285/55/20 tires going to look ridiculous with a +3 shackle in the rear? Anything will look better IMO, but I havent seen any pictures of a 4x4 5.7L CM with what I am thinking about.

Guys, I was trying not to spend a fortune, so much for that....lol

·
Registered
50 Posts
From what I understand, and could be wrong, there is a .5" difference between the 612 (3" lift) and 614 (3.5" lift) with the 614 being a little stiffer due to the extra length of the coil.

For the rear I will be going with CB 2" with the AAL from toytec to help with towing. Should be a little over 2" of lift in rear.

As far as UCA I have read that some dont need it and some do, you can always try it without replacing the UCA and then replace it if needed. I am picking it up just to be on the safe side.

To get an idea of the looks you can search for a Tundra with a 3/1 spacer kit with stock tires.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Sounds good. I did a little more searching and I think the 612 will work for me. Now to decide on +2 or +3 CB shackles. I would probably be fine with just a little le rake and then add airbags later for towing a bass boat in a few years. Who knows, by then I may want a BDS 7"..

·
Premium Member
10,869 Posts
Stick with the 612 coils and you should not need UCA's. If you haul gear or plan to tow then the +3 shackles are better IMO, plus, you will only get about 1 5/8" of rear lift from them so the rake will not be much, maybe even a bit less rake than stock. Whatever you do, don't skimp on the rear...get the CB shackles.

If you look through my build thread you will see pics of my truck with just 612's and the +3 shackles so you can see the rake.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Always good to hear more info on the OME. Getting closer to making my decision every day. Waiting on coach's PM reply. Lok

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
143 Posts
I have the 614s ready to be installed and eagerly waiting for Coach's +3" shackles to come in. On another note, how much rake would I get with the following setup: 614s and 0.5" shims up front, and OME shocks, +3" shackles, and toytec AALs in the rear?

·
Registered
345 Posts
So, is the OME 612, 613, 614 wquivilant to a 3 in level?

·
Registered
423 Posts
I got just under 3"with the 612's, like 2 7/8"and no need for uca so worked perfect for what i was looking for and money was right where i wanted too.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Reactions: Coachbuilder1

·
Registered
2,967 Posts
I love my OME 612s and CB +2s. I would go +3s in the back if I did it agian. I did a dif drop and a skid plate drop at the same time. No issues with alignment and it rides very nice.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Reactions: signaltwenty

·
Registered
423 Posts
4x4 here. Got the +3 shackles from coach which gave me a perfect stance that i wanted. The diff drop was very simple to put on and is cheap for the purpose. The carrier bearing drop is a no brainer also.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
4x4 here. Got the +3 shackles from coach which gave me a perfect stance that i wanted. The diff drop was very simple to put on and is cheap for the purpose. The carrier bearing drop is a no brainer also.

I'm also 4x4 and looking at doing the same set up you have. OME 612's with CB +3 shackles. How does the truck feel on city streets and the highway? Any issues with alignment, CV's, or rubbing?

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Thanks muzik. I'm just a 2wd so hopefully the 612 will give me just over 3". Also going with coaches +3 out back with the poly bushing kit. Can't wait.

·
Registered
2,967 Posts
1 - 20 of 62 Posts