Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 04 tundra crew cab and the gauge is scaring me a bit . At idle it makes it way down to the first line ...??? Normal , oil pressure sensor? Thanks it's kinda scaring me the pic is warm at idle the engine is the i force v8 also as soon as I fit it gas 2k rpm it jumps right back up to half gauge or higher.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
10,869 Posts
It is normal to bounce around with RPM's but it should not be that low at idle I don't think...have you checked your oil level?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah the oil is right on the full line I thinks it's 10/30..I can't see a 04 with 120k doing this..I have had many toyota's and never low oil pressure . That's why I was thinking its a false reading. I did put a aftermarket oil filter in it...lol

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
Have you check the actual sensor and the connector? It costs me $65 to learn that my moron mechanic unplug the oil pressure sensor which located right next to the filter. BTW, i had the same problem as your.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Have you check the actual sensor and the connector? It costs me $65 to learn that my moron mechanic unplug the oil pressure sensor which located right next to the filter. BTW, i had the same problem as your.
no i havent only had the truck for 6 months but i did do a oil change where exactly is the oil pressure switch...?? thanks guy for any info

·
Registered
24 Posts
Toyota says that if you have 5 lbs at idle warm it is ok as long as it goes up when speeding up engine.
Must be a USA driver if my fiero ran that low would panic.
Supposed that because oil pump is crank driven rather cam driven half the speed as cam drive

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
oil sender

where is the oil sender located I think I will just change it for shits and check that>>>>thanks in advance..ONBZ

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
Should be somewhere near the oil filter. Look for some wire going into a plug or google it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts