Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 04 tundra crew cab and the gauge is scaring me a bit . At idle it makes it way down to the first line ...??? Normal , oil pressure sensor? Thanks it's kinda scaring me the pic is warm at idle the engine is the i force v8 also as soon as I fit it gas 2k rpm it jumps right back up to half gauge or higher.

Attachments

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah the oil is right on the full line I thinks it's 10/30..I can't see a 04 with 120k doing this..I have had many toyota's and never low oil pressure . That's why I was thinking its a false reading. I did put a aftermarket oil filter in it...lol

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
Have you check the actual sensor and the connector? It costs me $65 to learn that my moron mechanic unplug the oil pressure sensor which located right next to the filter. BTW, i had the same problem as your.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Have you check the actual sensor and the connector? It costs me $65 to learn that my moron mechanic unplug the oil pressure sensor which located right next to the filter. BTW, i had the same problem as your.
no i havent only had the truck for 6 months but i did do a oil change where exactly is the oil pressure switch...?? thanks guy for any info

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.