Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. I have a 2012 Tundra SR5 with 10,000 miles garage kept. It gets driven once or twice per month for at least 30 minutes. Transfer case is shifted into 4wd monthly and driven on straight roads for 5-10 miles. I change the oil & filter every 6-8 months as well.

Any recommendations on any other maintenance? Should I change the front and rear diff fluid? Drain and refill antifreeze? Change the brake fluid? Thanks

·
Registered
425 Posts
Follow the maintenance guidelines and that would mean you only need to do your first oil change now. There is a Tundra with a million miles on it that Toyota bought back from the owner that followed those guidelines. I have no scientific date to show a need for more frequent oil changes but 10,000 miles seems way too long so I do 5000 mile changes. For antifreeze you can check the level of protection with a cheep tool that will show what temperature your freeze/ boil protection is at. Then when you feel you the need to purchase a new truck contact me first you are the kind of person I like to buy a vehicle from.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts