Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took my truck to have it detailed yesterday and when I got there it would not start. I took the battery and had it tested and the battery was bad so I bought a new battery. Hooked it up and it fired right up so I left it at the detail shop. Picked it up today and noticed that the idle is extremely low. Low to the point that it will die at intersections. Otherwise it runs great. Any ideas on the cause? Terminals are clean and it starts and runs fine just idles really low.

· Registered
2,357 Posts
When the ECU looses memory all the adjustments that the ecu has made are gone and you start with the base program again. The ECU thinks your engine is clean, you can either drive it until it readjusts or have a fuel induction service performed, not a can in the tank but a real fuel induction service

· Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
When the ECU looses memory all the adjustments that the ecu has made are gone and you start with the base program again. The ECU thinks your engine is clean, you can either drive it until it readjusts or have a fuel induction service performed, not a can in the tank but a real fuel induction service
That makes sense. Im going to take the TB off and clean everything this weekend. Thanks

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.