Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My stock stereo is busted and I need to replace it. Its the upgraded unit with the external amp, but not the JBL system. Will a new unit fit in the factory wire harness? Car audio has got to be the most bloated topic I have seen here. Some concise direction would be nice.

·
Premium Member
2,962 Posts
I would suggest not using the factory amp. Usually there are plugs on one side of it that will accept the standard Toyota aftermarket harness. I think it is a BHA1761.

Most companies make a harness to work with the factory amp if you elect to go that way.

I would agree with you on the bloated section. I'm working on that. Whittled about a dozen pages of posts, but many more to go.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the input. I decided to buy the harnes for bypassing and including the amp so I can try both. No one can give me a straight answer on this. I talked with a couple reps from crutchfield and they were split about 50/50 on the subject. I'll make sure to update this thread once I figure out which is better just so there is a record out there somewhere

1 - 3 of 3 Posts