Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2014 Platinum Tundra with G-Key. I am interested in a remote start kit. Right now I have my eye on:

2010-2017 Toyota Tundra Plug & Play Remote Start Kit (G-Key)

I like the idea that there is a companion smart phone app so that I can start the car any time I have cellular coverage with my phone and not just with the key fob.
I can't tell from the product description, but I would really like a way to control/change the temperature and air settings remotely as well. For example, if I wake up on a frosty morning, I'd like to be able to remote start the car and also set the system to defrost.

Any advice or recommendations, either on the product listed or others that offer this?

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
4,841 Posts
I have the viper two way system on my 2016 tundra, works great.

·
Premium Member
4,841 Posts
it resumes whatever setting was there before. I only use the two way remote, there is a phone option though

I think the model was 4806 I think

·
Registered
30 Posts
I have a 2014 Platinum Tundra with G-Key. I am interested in a remote start kit. Right now I have my eye on:

2010-2017 Toyota Tundra Plug & Play Remote Start Kit (G-Key)

I like the idea that there is a companion smart phone app so that I can start the car any time I have cellular coverage with my phone and not just with the key fob.
I can't tell from the product description, but I would really like a way to control/change the temperature and air settings remotely as well. For example, if I wake up on a frosty morning, I'd like to be able to remote start the car and also set the system to defrost.

Any advice or recommendations, either on the product listed or others that offer this?

Thanks!
I just got my Viper alarm/remote start system installed. I also did a subscription to the SmartStart app. Technically it has unlimited range, as long as you and the truck have cell signal you can arm, disarm and remote start the vehicle anywhere. The key FOB has a reported 1 mile range but I’ve only tested it at like 1/4 mile. You get alerts if the alarm goes off, show’s location of the truck and you can lock and unlock the vehicle. The App gets “skittish” every now and then but it’s a good system.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I just got my Viper alarm/remote start system installed. I also did a subscription to the SmartStart app. Technically it has unlimited range, as long as you and the truck have cell signal you can arm, disarm and remote start the vehicle anywhere. The key FOB has a reported 1 mile range but I’ve only tested it at like 1/4 mile. You get alerts if the alarm goes off, show’s location of the truck and you can lock and unlock the vehicle. The App gets “skittish” every now and then but it’s a good system.
Great, thank you for the feedback! Sounds like a toss-up between the Viper and 12Volt.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Great, thank you for the feedback! Sounds like a toss-up between the Viper and 12Volt.
The system was $850.00 installed and its around $24.00 a month for the subscription. If the vehicle is stolen it can be tracked and disabled. I’m not familiar with the 12V system but I hope you find this information helpful. Good luck

1 - 8 of 8 Posts