Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone!!
I'm looking to change out some of the interior parts. Currently I have the Red Rock "baseball glove" leather interior. I think it's a bit overwhelming. I want to change the big leather arm rest on the center console, the glove box and the plastic cover under the steering wheel (sorry I don't know what it's called) I want to change them out and replace them all with black stock parts. I think this will look really sharp and blend the seats in with the rest of the black interior a lot better. I have found one black leather leather arm rest for the center console but I have to purchase the whole console and they want $750 which I think is a little extreme for a cushion. If anybody knows where I could find these parts either online or anywhere in Northern Alberta I would greatly appreciate it. I don't really want to go through the dealer if I don't have too.

Thanks!!!!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't want to dye my leather seats, sorry if that's what it sounded like. And if you meant dye the arm rest will it match the rest of Toyota's black? I think I would just rather swap it out.

To me if the arm rest between the two brown leather seats is black to match all the black plastic of the console and the glovey is black and the plastic piece under the steering wheel is also black to match the black dash and the rest of the black plastic and black carpets that it will make the seats stand out more and will have more continuity with the rest of the interior instead of being so in your face. Plus to me it will look better than having to much of the plastic that doesn't really match the leather anyway. I'm wondering if anybody knows of an online store that would sell these kinds of parts? I've tried toyotapartscheap.com and that's where I found the $750 console. I have also checked with the local wrecker,but being in such a small town there isn't a lot to chose from.

But thanks for your suggestion any input is always appreciated.

·
Registered
6,445 Posts
Yeah, I meant the parts you want black.
It will be hard to find someone who wants your red rock parts for their black interior.
You could also see if one of the aftermarket leather suppliers can supply just the pieces you want.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm pretty sure it would be a hard sell to trade them with someone who has black interior. I'm more curious to see if anybody knows of anybody who sells these parts, maybe online?. I've checked with my local Toyota dealer and they said they could order them in for me no problem they just couldn't give me a quote when I was there which sounded kind of fishy to me. I live in a small oil town where they seem to like to jack up the prices on everything. I also checked with the local wrecker but all they had was beat up parts with lots of scratches and over priced.

Thanks for your responses volleyball, do you happen to know of any aftermarket dealers that I could inquire with??

·
Registered
143 Posts
Canirish pm me. I'm in FSJ. Pm me your number and you can text me some pics. Possibly interested.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts