Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Going this weekend to look at what could be my first Toyota Pick-up? It's a 2010 Crew Max 5.7 with 21,000 miles. It has a 6" lift with 35" tires on it. Just wondering if there's anything I should be looking for other than the norm? Thanks for any help!:thx::thx:

·
Registered
411 Posts
Dealer or individual?

1. Drive no less than 20 minutes at slow, medium and interstate speeds.

2. Check all wheel bearings for noise and play.

3. Check brake system thoroughly for noise or pulsing when braking at speeds above 30mph.

4. Attempt to verify that it doesn't exhibit the "Rumble Strip" sound coming from the torque converter.

5. If it's from a dealer, have them balance, align and fill her up.

·
Premium Member
690 Posts
Just know that with 35" tires fuel economy won't be very good...

·
Registered
415 Posts
Pictures for...science! Gotta see it....VERY decent mileage for a 2010, so thats good.

Agreed with everything above. Also, check the front end...with that much lift you have to make sure nothing is squeaking, loose, spewing grease etc. I would also recommend driving a stock Tundra to a lifted to see how much of a difference there is in steering.

Check for tire rub at full lock in forward and reverse too.

Reactions: Chuggbugg

·
Registered
341 Posts
:runinafire:If it was me, I'd have the dealer return it to stock height.:runinafire:

But, hey, I'm a certified geezer.

Reactions: Chuggbugg

·
Registered
188 Posts
Yep, gas mileage will suck. But that's the price you pay for a bad azz looking truck. 6" lift with 35's is the perfect combo. in my opinion.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Do you guys think 36,000 is a good price? Im trading in a Cherry 2007 Diesel 2500HD Chevy Crew Cab with 52,000.

·
Premium Member
690 Posts
Wow it sounds high to me too. Personally I'd rather buy a new truck for that price and slowly do my own mods as I can afford them.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Wow thats painful....thats steep...3 year old truck...going for same price as NEW

How often do you tow?? What do you tow?? Don't expect amazing numbers when towing for MPG like your Duramax got.

·
Registered
252 Posts
In April I bought a Crewmax Rock Warrrior (2011) with 14 miles on it for 31k. I wouldn't give that much for it. I would give him whatever NADA has it listed for at most. The lift is an "extra" so I wouldn't even consider that in the price.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Personally, I'd never buy a lifted truck for two reasons:

1. Who knows if the lift was installed properly by a qualified technician or kluged together by some toothless moron with a mullet and a BFH.

2. It seems to me more likely that the truck has been taken off-road and abused if it's been lifted. That might just be a personal prejudice tho.

Also, if they want $36K PLUS your truck, they're out of their tiny little minds. In fact, I wouldn't give them the $36K for it.

·
Registered
330 Posts
I agree, price seems way too high. Is it 4wd or 2wd? Also what trim level is it? SR5, base, platinum, limited, rock warrior? How much are they giving you for trade in on your duramax? Theres no way it could be 36k after trading in the duramax. sometimes dealers jack the price way up on the vehicle, then give you a really high trade in amount just to make it seem like your getting good value from your trade in, but in reality its the same out of pocket expense for the most part if they left the price lower and gave a lower trade in.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Personally, I'd never buy a lifted truck for two reasons:

1. Who knows if the lift was installed properly by a qualified technician or kluged together by some toothless moron with a mullet and a BFH.

2. It seems to me more likely that the truck has been taken off-road and abused if it's been lifted. That might just be a personal prejudice tho.

Also, if they want $36K PLUS your truck, they're out of their tiny little mine. In fact, I wouldn't give them the $36K for it.
Yep. Except their out of their "minds". I'd never buy lifted truck either. But like I said earlier, hey, I'm a geezer, don't want nary lifted nor lowered truck.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Do you guys think 36,000 is a good price? Im trading in a Cherry 2007 Diesel 2500HD Chevy Crew Cab with 52,000.
I'll trade you my Cherry 2009 Tundra in my sig for your Duramax, I've got 22,000 on my Tundra.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I'm pretty sure it's just a Base model. As I don't see any SR5 badging. I'm going to look at it tomorrow. We havn't talked trade price on my truck yet. But my truck is in great condition. And really no miles forva duramax. I was think even trade? Lol. I've never owned anything but chevy's and GMC. But it is a Toyota. And their suppose to run for ever? Really just tired of the diesel. Used to have a 38' fifth wheel camper. Now all I haul is my 21' Ranger Bass Boat. Roughly 3000#. I'd think that be no problem for the tundra as all the Pro's run Tundra's. Just looking for something different. I really like the looks especially lifted with the rims and tires! Apperantly this dealer only does lifted trucks and jeeps. So I would hope they know what their doing? I would think I'd be able to tell when i drive it. I just don't want to overpay. Like I said I know nothing about Toyota's. Thats why I came here. So the ? is what do you think its worth? AND I REALLY APPRECIATE EVERYONES HELP!!!!!! Thanks guy's!
Here is the link. http://www.mobile.dealerstrade.com/...nch_tires_asterisk_xd_rims-used-10608842.html

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
One more question to the guys have done it ( sorry to be a pain in the ass)! And I know theres all different kinds? But just a ball park number what does a six inch lift, kit 20" rims and tires cost. I've also never lifted a truck. My last truck was a 2006 GMC Dually with 24" alcoa tractor rims wth low pro tires. No lift required. Just jacked up the torsion bars.

·
Premium Member
690 Posts
My lift was on sale but installed it was about $2000. Wheels and tires were about another $2000. But my truck is on the very low end. A really nice stage 2 lift (includes coilovers) can cost $3000-$4000 easy.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts