Weight, As Shipped7,380 lbs. (3,348 kg)
GVWRTBA (TBA)
Cargo Capacity2,091 lbs. (948 kg)

Any thoughts on it being to heavy?

Thanks

·
Registered
49 Posts
Without doing alot of math, you will more than likely be overweight in at least one category with camper and truck loaded. Several things can be done to make it towable with your truck, keep camper cargo to a minimum, w/d hitch and sway for camper, air bags and e rated tires . That would be a heck of a load in the mountains tho.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Without doing alot of math, you will more than likely be overweight in at least one category with camper and truck loaded. Several things can be done to make it towable with your truck, keep camper cargo to a minimum, w/d hitch and sway for camper, air bags and e rated tires . That would be a heck of a load in the mountains tho.

·
Premium Member
673 Posts
I just bought a new TT toy hauler, similar stats. I took it on a test tow will full tanks and my quads in it and a new Husky Center line antisway WD hitch. I also have a Tekonsha P3 brake control. It towed and stopped fine. I could tell I was towing though. Got up to 65 (my personal max) on the highway. And was able to accelerate up a fairly steep hill. Took it to a Cat Scale to get weights.

Here's the specs:

Dry Weight 7300
I added 100 gallons of water and 2 425lb quads. Wife 130lb, me 150lb. 3/4 tank of gas, 10 gallons in the trailer gas station.

scale with trailer:
truck front Axle - 3360
truck Rear axle - 3960
Trailer axle - 8600
Gross-15,920

scale without trailer
truck front axle - 3680
truck rear axle - 2660
Gross-6340

I have a 2010 CM trd 4X4. with ride-rite airbags(a MUST for towing) set to 30 PSI

the place I bought it is going to tweak it loaded when I pick it up on Wednesday.

Hope this helps

·
Premium Member
2,185 Posts
Air bags won't allow you to tow more it will still stress your frame it just gets rid of the sag.

·
Registered
49 Posts
^ agree. But our trucks rear ends sag alot with any real weight, the trade-off for a nice ride empty.The airbags will help keep the truck level, put weight on the front wheels, doesn't make a difference if your towing 5k or close to max, airbags are a huge improvement when towing.

·
Registered
758 Posts
I would say you are going to be overweight with that setup. I pulled several trailers similar in weight when I had my Tundra and it seemed okay, until I pulled them with a 3/4 ton diesel. No more white knuckling, no more sagging ass, etc. I would look at a lighter trailer unless you don't want to pull it often. Around 6000# dry and 8000# wet is about all I would want on a Tundra. Best of luck in your search!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts