Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased a 2013 Tundra Crewmax and I need to add some type of cover on the bed. I really prefer a hard cover for security reasons. I was looking at the painted fiberglass A.R.E. ones but someone said they really limit your bed as they need to be removed to haul anything large.

I have a BakFlip on my Titan but it hasn't held up very well I'll be honest I dop use the Titan for work so I'm in and out of the bed sometimes 10 times a day. So I want something that will last a little better.

I came across the Diamond Back covers and they seem to be about bullet proof especially the Live X coated version. So does anyone have one if so how do you like it? Also how weather resistant is it? I know it won't be 100% waterproof but I also don't want an inch of water in the bed.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I have one. Love it. I get a little water in but not much and I think if I took the time I could get it watertight

Reactions: TSOL

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just tried to call them to order it and their phone number (800#) is saying it's no longer in service. I sure hope that's not the case as I have gone back and forth over what to get and I really just about narrowed down 95% to the Diamond Back. I guess I'll over the weekend & Monday but pretty weird its says no longer in service even tried from the home phone to make sure it wasn't an issue with my cell phone.

Well crap I hope I don't have to start the process over again.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I just spoke with them the other day. Did you try their regular number?

Isn't it a long weekend in the states?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I just spoke with them the other day. Did you try their regular number?

Isn't it a long weekend in the states?
Ed, I spoke with one of their reps on either Monday or Tuesday of this week about pricing and options and yes it's is the Fourth of July weekend but my concern isn't that no one answered the phone but that it the message said the number you are trying to reach is not in service at this time. I called a couple other companies of various types today and if they were closed their phones either just rang and no one answered or I go a message telling me they would reopen on Monday.

So I guess I will try again on Monday and see what happens.

·
Registered
8,147 Posts
Wasn't this the Line-x tonneau that somehow became an separate entity (or maybe their business partnership ended??)?

I did look at the cover when I was shopping for mine, but I did not like the design. Most items that need to be hauled, at least for me, are somewhat larger than 1/3 of the truck bed. For this tonneau, the whole tonneau has to be uninstalled and reinstalled.

One positive factor for this cover is that it can carry up to 1600 lbs on top of it. But this is the case for their most expensive one. Other models' weight capacity was actually less than that of BAKFlip F1 (which is rated at 500 lbs). Unless you are going with the most expensive model and regularly carry heavy items on top of the tonneau, I don't see the advantage of this cover over something like BAKFlip F1.

·
Premium Member
920 Posts
I have the SE didn't see the need for the big boy, the only draw backs are as follows:
hold on I am trying to think of some....give me a sec. oh there more expensive, and if you don't get the line x on them the sun really does blind you some times when the back window is down....sometimes they get water in them ie... carwash, oh and I never get to buy another one dang my luck! In other words when I buy my 1794 I will be getting one put on that truck also...
but don't let my bias convince you....lol

·
Premium Member
14 Posts
I have one on my 2013 Crewmax. One of the locks was broken when it arrived at my house. I called up Diamondback and they sent a new lock out right away. Had it a few days later. I have never found any water in the bed of my truck. The ATV rides on it quite well. And Ive never had any trouble with hauling stuff in the bed either. I would definitely purchase it again.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts