Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

681 - 700 of 842 Posts

·
Registered
3,291 Posts
Logically that would sound like a good idea, but 1) if you pull up to the shop with a wide ass long travel truck (that barely even fits on the rack, they will tell you to pound sand, and 2)I wouldn't trust a dude that works at a Firestone (no disrespect intended) to do an alignment on my LT truck.
Firestone is the only one that could get my LT aligned correctly. I paid for the lifetime and they have no problem doing it every time I bring it in. If they don't get it correct then they know I will be back so they might as well do it right the first time.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Firestone is the only one that could get my LT aligned correctly. I paid for the lifetime and they have no problem doing it every time I bring it in. If they don't get it correct then they know I will be back so they might as well do it right the first time.
There we have it! Sounds like a deal that can't be passed up. I have had bad experiences with shops like that in the past. Every time I left one (Big O tires, Good year, and various other shops), my alignment was worse than it was when I brought it in. lol

·
Registered
3,291 Posts
It all depends on the tech -
Big O had mine all screwed up and finally just told me they couldn't do it. But left the steering wheel off center. But they do mount my tires for free. Maybe they still feel bad they can work on my truck. LOL

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
It all depends on the tech -
Big O had mine all screwed up and finally just told me they couldn't do it. But left the steering wheel off center. But they do mount my tires for free. Maybe they still feel bad they can work on my truck. LOL
LOL! Same here! I had just installed coilovers on one my my trucks (steering wheel was still straight, and the truck tracked straight), but I brought it in to Big-O to have to checked/adjusted since it went from stock to Kings. When I got the truck back, the steering wheel was off-center, and the truck pulled. haha

·
Registered
3,291 Posts
Get ahold of Long Beach Racers and see how they setup the TRD Pro Baja Truck. Or maybe Ryan can shed some light on the front setup

·
Registered
409 Posts
Oside is running a mid-travel kit with bypasses. IMO the way Oside rallies his truck, anything less than LT, bypasses, coil bucket brace, AND air bumps. Anything short of that wouldn't survive long.
Is his rear mid as well?

·
Registered
409 Posts
Get ahold of Long Beach Racers and see how they setup the TRD Pro Baja Truck. Or maybe Ryan can shed some light on the front setup
I think the TRD Pro was done all at TRD headquarters. LBR was just their support/tools/etc for when they arrived. Assuming you are talking about the stock 2015.

Edit: Just watched the build video. Definitely not stock suspension.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
I think the TRD Pro was done all at TRD headquarters. LBR was just their support/tools/etc for when they arrived. Assuming you are talking about the stock 2015. They can do almost no suspension upgrades in their class I believe.
I'm pretty sure it was done at LBR, and Herbst also did work on it (cage I think). The PRO was running Bilstein Blackhawks. I think LBR is also building a TT at the moment.

IIRC Oside is running Deavers with bypasses, and shackles in the rear.

·
Registered
4,491 Posts
I have LT rear, 16" SUA with 3" bumps

Ok so the good news: my frame is <0.25" off. All points with factory specs.

Bad news: still can't align perfectly. We got - 1.0 cam/3.5 cas on the bad side.

Bottom line: slightly tweaked, nothing to worry about. LT kit with heims and I'm good to go

·
Registered
726 Posts
I have LT rear, 16" SUA with 3" bumps

Ok so the good news: my frame is <0.25" off. All points with factory specs.

Bad news: still can't align perfectly. We got - 1.0 cam/3.5 cas on the bad side.

Bottom line: slightly tweaked, nothing to worry about. LT kit with heims and I'm good to go
Bent spindle probably. Check clearance between tire and uniball

·
Registered
6 Posts
Osidepunker... You should be fine if your frame is just slightly bent. Just remember you only have so much adjust-ability with hiems. Make sure you let the company that you decide to go with know whats up with your frame and they will let you know how to properly set it up. I have LSK align my truck and its perfect!!! I wouldn't let any normal alignment shop touch my truck!!! Most long travel kits are set up a certain way to make it function correctly. Go long travel and you'll never be happier.

·
Registered
4,491 Posts
Osidepunker... You should be fine if your frame is just slightly bent. Just remember you only have so much adjust-ability with hiems. Make sure you let the company that you decide to go with know whats up with your frame and they will let you know how to properly set it up. I have LSK align my truck and its perfect!!! I wouldn't let any normal alignment shop touch my truck!!! Most long travel kits are set up a certain way to make it function correctly. Go long travel and you'll never be happier.
Yeah man! I already sold my take offs. LT is gonna happen.

My frame is only slightly tweaked, its all within factory specs. If I had stock suspension I could align it no problem. but since I have a 3" MT lift the alignment is at the edge of adjustment. Im pretty confident I should have no problems with LT heim kit.

Can anybody give me specific numbers or tips to provide to the alignment shop when I am ready? I am gonna take it back to the shop in El Cajon. they use plumb bobs and string, no computers. The guys told me he could align LT with heims no problem but I want to make sure I know what he is doing

·
Registered
4,491 Posts
Do I need to remove my stock bumper??? I think I do...

here are the parts/services that I am planning for in order to get setup:

TC LT kit with Heims (self install)
Axles (are there different brands?)
Fox coilovers (self install)
Glassworks Fenders (self install)
Axles swapped onto CVs (Yotamasters)
Alignment (Frame and Axle of El Cajon)

Do I have everything covered? Am I forgetting something? Does anybody have any tips on install? Tips for fender install?

·
Premium Member
1,318 Posts

·
Registered
726 Posts
Do I need to remove my stock bumper??? I think I do...

here are the parts/services that I am planning for in order to get setup:

TC LT kit with Heims (self install)
Axles (are there different brands?)
Fox coilovers (self install)
Glassworks Fenders (self install)
Axles swapped onto CVs (Yotamasters)
Alignment (Frame and Axle of El Cajon)

Do I have everything covered? Am I forgetting something? Does anybody have any tips on install? Tips for fender install?
Just get the TC axles, they are made by summers bros, best there is IMO.
Do the axles your self, its not that hard, might be a good time for boots and grease, rebuild kits are about 40$ per side from Toyota.

Glass is pretty straight forward, un bolt stock stuff, drill holes on fiberglass and bolt up.

Good time to do cam tab gussets while its apart.

·
Registered
4,491 Posts
Just get the TC axles, they are made by summers bros, best there is IMO.
Do the axles your self, its not that hard, might be a good time for boots and grease, rebuild kits are about 40$ per side from Toyota.

Glass is pretty straight forward, un bolt stock stuff, drill holes on fiberglass and bolt up.

Good time to do cam tab gussets while its apart.
copy. doing the TC axles.

What all is involved with doing the axles? Do I need any special tools?

Im not gonna wry about the boots I think, I only have 25k miles on a 2 year old truck

681 - 700 of 842 Posts