·
Premium Member
6,872 Posts
Sorry guys I slept till 9

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #62 (Edited)
Sorry I didn't get to meet you and dforlenza. I was hoping to find out why your "currently not happy with it" . In my opinion we had a good turnout. Almost a dozen guys, in spite of the temperature and limited planning. I'm hoping to do this again in warmer temperatures in a more relaxed setting (venue).:seeya:
Stay tuned

Reactions: SP

·
Registered
326 Posts
Sorry I didn't get to meet you and dforlenza. I was hoping to find out why your "currently not happy with it" . In my opinion we had a good turnout. Almost a dozen guys, in spite of the temperature and limited planning. I'm hoping to do this again in warmer temperatures in a more relaxed setting (venue).:seeya:
Stay tuned

Not happy with what?

I was hoping we could have a regular (once a month maybe) thing going. or plan a BBQ or something, hopefully the weather gets warmer soon...

Does any one else get the Suffolk county ORV sticker for the county parks?

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
Not happy with what?

I was hoping we could have a regular (once a month maybe) thing going. or plan a BBQ or something, hopefully the weather gets warmer soon...

Does any one else get the Suffolk county ORV sticker for the county parks?
^^^The first comment was directed at SP from Bellport, who slept late I noticed in his signature a comment that he's no longer happy with his truck.

It's good to hear from you, it's good to hear from anyone. I don't have a sticker but I would be interested in getting together. Does a Saturday's work better for you?

·
Registered
326 Posts
Either weekend day is normally good for me... I have a few busy weeks in the spring, and in the fall with work each year that I work 6 or 7 days a week but usually half days on weekends. With the cold weather we have though, I haven't had a full 5 day work week in a while. The one constant weekend plan I have is taking my dog out on Sundays when its nice out.

I would like find out if there are common interests among the people from Long Island, Fishing, camping, wine tasting...? Maybe we could plan a few gatherings where we al go fishing, or do what ever it is.
A BBQ at Indian Island county park would be nice, I have don't that with a few other groups of people before. It is free to get in before Memorial Day. Starting memorial day they charge for entry on weekends and holidays from 8am - 4pm (free during the week, as long as it is not a holiday, and after 4pm on weekends). There's camp sites, beach access with fishing and canoe/kayak launch, in addition to the day trip/BBQ areas. There are also bathrooms.

just an idea... If any one has any others, or other common interests I'd like to hear them.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #67
Either weekend day is normally good for me... I have a few busy weeks in the spring, and in the fall with work each year that I work 6 or 7 days a week but usually half days on weekends. With the cold weather we have though, I haven't had a full 5 day work week in a while. The one constant weekend plan I have is taking my dog out on Sundays when its nice out.

I would like find out if there are common interests among the people from Long Island, Fishing, camping, wine tasting...? Maybe we could plan a few gatherings where we al go fishing, or do what ever it is.
A BBQ at Indian Island county park would be nice, I have don't that with a few other groups of people before. It is free to get in before Memorial Day. Starting memorial day they charge for entry on weekends and holidays from 8am - 4pm (free during the week, as long as it is not a holiday, and after 4pm on weekends). There's camp sites, beach access with fishing and canoe/kayak launch, in addition to the day trip/BBQ areas. There are also bathrooms.

just an idea... If any one has any others, or other common interests I'd like to hear them.
I have very flexible time off so Indian Island sounds good to me.

Of all the guys that came only 6 stayed for breakfast at the diner.
1/2 the guys that showed up were not one of the 9 LITOC members. And those that were not LITOC I asked to sign in on this Thread. No luck.

·
Premium Member
6,872 Posts
I just noticed SP updated signature.
I'm glad to see you're now happy with your truck again!!!
lol. Thanks its in the body shop this week to repair the damage from my little 4wd test run. I hope to get the TRD Pro grill on and the front bumper and grill surround color matched.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #69
lol. Thanks its in the body shop this week to repair the damage from my little 4wd test run. I hope to get the TRD Pro grill on and the front bumper and grill surround color matched.
Did the Transfercase cause the accident?

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #72 (Edited)
ZZRGUY from Setauket and a member of LIF any other LiFers here.
Hi zzrguy, good to know there is more than just 9 of us.
Post a pic of your tundra at LITOC and you could be number 10.
Who is LIF? How can we meet?

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #73
I fish ,i have dogs .any nice parks to bring the dogs to
Hi Charlie,
I don't have a dog but I do know County and State Parks have different rules regarding dogs in parks. Looking forward to our next Meet!

·
Registered
326 Posts
I fish ,i have dogs .any nice parks to bring the dogs to
I bring my dog to Indian Island a lot, as well as the county beaches in Westhampton, Southampton, and smiths point. I also bring him to Laurel Lake preserve once in a while because it is close by, and to Wildwood State Park. I bring him fishing with me sometimes too.

If every one is up for it, lets pick a day, and plan an afternoon at Indian Island county Park.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #75 (Edited)
I bring my dog to Indian Island a lot, as well as the county beaches in Westhampton, Southampton, and smiths point. I also bring him to Laurel Lake preserve once in a while because it is close by, and to Wildwood State Park. I bring him fishing with me sometimes too.

If every one is up for it, lets pick a day, and plan an afternoon at Indian Island county Park.
I think Laurel Lake has a pavilion if it rains. Does Indian Island have any? What is an ORV Sticker? I was thinking of getting a dog, but than I'd have to get all the shiny bits plasti-dipped.:D

·
Registered
326 Posts
I think Laurel Lake has a pavilion if it rains. Does Indian Island have any? What is an ORV Sticker? I was thinking of getting a dog, but than I'd have to get all the shiny bits plasti-dipped.:D
the ORV is the off road vehicle sticker, with it you can drive your truck on the beach in some of the county parks (smiths point, cupsogue, shinnecock east, and theres one in Montauk, all with off road beach access). It also allows you to park at other county parks over night for night fishing (like ponquogue beach parking lot).
There is also a state sticker for Demo point, and Sore Thumb. And if any one lives in river head there is a riverhead sticker to drive on the sound beaches. Southampton and East Hampton also have town stickers to drive on the ocean within those towns too.

yes Laurel lake has a pavilion, it is pretty big too. There is no pavilion at Indian Island. Indian island is a nicer park though, with bathrooms. I only go to Laurel Lake to walk my dog.

Another idea would be a trip to camp hero for the day. I don't know how every one feels about making that drive.

If I were to make a plan: I would say lets meet at Indian Island county park on Saturday April 25th (I will most likely be there anyway with my dog as long as it is not raining and I am not working). If a group wants to meet up, I am willing to bring a small BBQ (there are public BBQs there as well) and some food. I would ask any one coming to bring some food or drinks as well. This would be contingent upon good weather, with a rain date of Sunday the 26th.

If any one wants to meet up, lets make it happen.

Reactions: Everest Cap

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #77 (Edited)
If I were to make a plan: I would say lets meet at Indian Island county park on Saturday April 25th (I will most likely be there anyway with my dog as long as it is not raining and I am not working). If a group wants to meet up, I am willing to bring a small BBQ (there are public BBQs there as well) and some food. I would ask any one coming to bring some food or drinks as well. This would be contingent upon good weather, with a rain date of Sunday the 26th.

If any one wants to meet up, lets make it happen.
I'll be there, weather and God willing. I hope you don't get called into work that day!
I think if everyone brought enough food for themselves and one other person, whether it's coffee and donuts or whatever, we'll have twice as much as we need. Don't forget a lawn chair might come in handy.

Indian Island county park on Saturday April 25th

·
Premium Member
220 Posts
I'm an LIFer. Long Island firearms. longislandfirearms.com

I actually have the LIF sticker on the truck.

·
Premium Member
6,872 Posts
I just registered for that site thanks guys

61 - 80 of 100 Posts