Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 20 of 100 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Long island tundra owners club

I hope to start a thread where all Long Island tundra owners (LITOC) can sign in and share Local News, Deals, Dealership experiences and Club Events.[/B]
I know there's at least a dozen of us out there so please make yourself known with picture and a town.
We are kind of landlocked here, but love it all the same.

.1 Saberman ....... Northport
.2 dforlenza ........ Mattituck
.3 nitroscop8 ....... Lake Grove
.4 charliethetuna .. Lindenhurst
.5 Everest Cap. .... Bohemia
.6 Tonyspin ......... West Sayville
.7 Bspz28 ............ Bethpage
.8 SP ...................Bellport
.9 SDHI .............. Southampton
10 Dank*420.............

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's one, and counting.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Hot Water Street leads into the pine barrens between Manorville and Riverhead. you can also access it from toppings path in Calverton (part of Riverhead township). last I heard the DEC has gotten really strict about people being back there the past few years. I use to go back there in high school, it is just a bunch of fire access roads. I have heard of a few other places with some small trails, but non of them are legal to be on. The only real opportunity for off road driving here is on the beaches that allow it. Smiths Point beach has a few miles of ocean beach, and Berma road which is a nice little trail. but Berma road has not been open the past 2 years, just the ocean access. yet to see about this year though.

If you are into off roading you can join LIBBA, the Long Island Beach Buggy Association. there is also a Long island off road club. but LIOR does not do any off roading on the island, they take trips else where every month. your tundra will get wrecked on the LIOR trips though, those guys have heavily modified trail specific rigs.

you can count me in for any fun and silliness though.. I drive on the beaches out here a lot, between fishing, kayaking, photography, and just taking the dog out.

Reactions: Everest Cap

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's two and counting. Thanks for the updated info. The north fork is my favorite spot to just go cruising, you're lucky to live in that area.

·
Premium Member
220 Posts
Lake grove checking in!

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
That's Three , from the Smith Haven Mall and the cheesecake factory.

·
Premium Member
220 Posts
Lol. I'm within earshot of the mall.

·
Premium Member
220 Posts
I have a magnetic gray dbl cab with moose u license plates. I'll keep an eye out for your blue beast.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Lindenhurst makes Four, The home of hurricane Sandy!

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
I guess I make Five. If you've got and idea for a meeting throw it out there, hopefully it will be when our trucks will stay clean for more than a day.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Yeah thats true .maybe we can wait till it gets a little nicer at .and meet up say like on 110 in the home fepot parking lot there a good bagel spot in there one sat or sunday .i see a bunch of corvette guys meetinv up there all the time

·
Premium Member
220 Posts
Any gun guys here? Wanna meet up at calverton range?

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
At this point we've got (west to east) Lindenhurst to Mattituck.
I was hopeful of getting a dozen guys or so, then post names and towns.

·
Registered
326 Posts
I guess we all just fizzled out..?

if no one is up for coffee, or shooting, how about some BBQ.
We could meet at Indian Island in Riverhead. They do not charge or check for entry until Memorial day. They have day trip areas, with small BBQs through out. I usually bring my own too. there is beach and fishing access, as well as places to launch kayaks and canoes.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
I'm still here! Trying to shake off this winter. Sent PMs to about 6 other LI'ers with no response.
Most State Parks ar free befor Menorial Day.

·
Registered
326 Posts
I'm still here! Trying to shake off this winter. Sent PMs to about 6 other LI'ers with no response.
Most State Parks ar free befor Menorial Day.
yea... the snow is almost gone from my yard.

if there is at least 2 or 3 of us that can agree to a time and place, I say we just go ahead and plan it. post up when and where and see who else wants in.

we also don't need to limit it just to Tundra owners, if any one wants to include others that may share interests like fishing, hunting, off roading. I wont discriminate.

1 - 20 of 100 Posts