Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where do you guys get stock alloy style locking lug nuts for the Tundra?

My stock ones are beat up and rusty so I might as well get some locking ones for my new wheels.

Thanks,
Jon

·
Premium Member
4,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I appreciate that, but I am looking for aftermarket locking lugs in the stock alloy configuration. I just got some new wheels that used my stock lugs that I had with my TRD wheels.

I want to secure these, and have nice new lugs

EDIT: I didn't realize the RW came with locking lugs. To they have the same footprint as the other alloy lugs?

Thanks,
Jon

·
Premium Member
4,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I do not have spline'd lugs, just 8pt.

I want to replace all the lugs as mine are all rusty.

·
Registered
411 Posts
You do realize that locking lugs are only causing your wallet problems, not the thief, correct?

·
Premium Member
4,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
You do realize that locking lugs are only causing your wallet problems, not the thief, correct?

I don't see it that way.

Nothing is fool proof. We lock our doors, but have glass windows. We have guns, but might not be there, or be in a position to act. You get the point....

The main reason we do these things to give the fly-by-night, half-assed, wannabe thieves a step or two that makes it not so easy....or time consuming. This will deter most from getting such an easy grab and dash.

Much like having a dummy camera...it doesn't stop anyone, but it makes them think twice....and more than likely, get lost.

If you do not want them, then do not get them.

As far asking the parts department, LOL no. They cause more wallet problems than thieves. I was looking for reviews from people who have bought aftermarket locking lugs...that's all.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Opening a door or reaching in an open window requires almost no effort, hence the reason we lock our doors and raise our glass (to create resistance). Raising a vehicle to remove 4 wheels take a good bit of effort and most of the ones who are willing to exert that effort will carry locking lug sockets.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts