Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

41 - 60 of 130 Posts

·
Registered
4,945 Posts
well if you gripe about something minor of course its like throwing blood into a tank full of sharks but still. we all know the easiest to get effed with is complaining about hid's, that shit will start a tidal wave of smartass comments and flaming rants

·
Registered
4,945 Posts
there is a guy on here who is having his truck done in a really sexy pearl white color that is from lexus. can't wait to see the finished product, if i repainted my truck it would probably be house of colors candy apple red with mettalic flake base coat bitch would shiiine.... or hot rod red, thats just the color of pure sin

·
Registered
430 Posts
My 2 cents is if your buying a new truck every 2-3 yrs then buy a ferd in the colour you like. Even a ford or anything should be fine for 2-3 years.

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
if you are willing to pay for a custom color, then just have a paint job done. it will come out better with no orange peel and like i said earlier you can get any shade of blue you like. you say "you don't just settle on things" then back up what you keep saying and get exactly what you want. you don't want to settle for another color but you would settle for a truck you see as inferior? you truly do not make any sense. choose a way of thinking and stick with it, then you won't get as much crap on here from us.
If there are hundreds, maybe even thousands, of other people out there like me that just "wont settle" then maybe Toyota will offer better options when they start losing customers. If I buy a black tundra and have it painted, then Toyota says "Hey, black must be popular...." Well, NO black isn't popular, because I'm having it repainted. It shouldn't be hard to paint a truck in a color that they offered 3 years ago, if I'm willing to PAY to have it done. I'm not asking them to go out of the way and do something special for me for free here. I'm willing to PAY for it.

·
Registered
4,945 Posts
if you are willing to pay to have it done, then just buy a truck and have it repainted and shut up about it. good lord, toyota doesn't care if you want the speedway blue or not. and black is popular that is why its still offered. or just wait till the new body styles come out for 2014 when they realize some of their new colors don't do too well and they bring back some sort of bright blue. and you just don't get the point i am trying to make about you not settling. you don't make any sense when you say that when you would settle for a different product so settle for the thing that is easier to fix to your standards like paint. you will never be able to make a ford as reliable as the toyota, 3k and you can have whatever color tundra you want and still have the bullet proof 5.7 and 6 speed tranny.

·
Registered
4,945 Posts
and you are asking them to do something special for just a small amount of people. every truck is painted by a robot, not some dude in a booth. I doubt they even have a bottle of touch up paint laying around that factory let alone enough to paint just one truck that they would have to do totally by hand at an out sourced body shop which is the exact thing you could do if you just bought a truck and had it repainted. You could do colormatched if its that important that its toyota's blue

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
Just venting fellas.... no need to get all bent out of shape. I'd just like to see Toyota offer customizations, or at least more options.

This is what makes everyone different. It's not a big deal to you, but it is to me. I'm not asking for your approval or for you to agree with me. I'm just complaining because I can.

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
About what time next year should the 2014 models be out??

Hell, I may just do a few more mods to my current truck (and install the ostrich skin leather seats ive been wanting - with blue stripes), and just get the new model!

·
Registered
4,945 Posts
if you put something out on the internet then everyone who is reading is entitled to post up their opinion. and chances are if its something like this we are going to come after you a bit.

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
osterich skin seats would definatly be one of a kind can't say i have ever seen that before lol. we had some in our limo for my senior prom
Yea, it's badass... Black, with the middle strip blue! :)

A friend of mine just had gator skin (fake, but still looks like real gator) installed in his truck. I got a quote for the ostrich skin seats, $1,000 - $1,100 installation included!

Also, just found this info:
2014 Tundra – What To Expect | Tundra Headquarters

·
Registered
522 Posts
These aren't aston martins or ferraris where you sit down with a salesman and completely custom order your vehicle. You have to spend $200k+ for that kind of service.

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
These aren't aston martins or ferraris where you sit down with a salesman and completely custom order your vehicle. You have to spend $200k+ for that kind of service.
Gotta think outside the box man ;) ! I like having unique things (or less common I should say). I'm one of those people that if you tell me something can't be done, I'll make it happen one way or the other.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Oh snap... it comes in blue. :headbanger: :D

Attachments

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
Sky is the limit man. Just depends on your wallet. One question though: If you're that dedicated to having unique things, then why are u buying toyotas:confused:
Show me a better truck? I don't tow heavy equipment, so I have no need for a heavy duty diesel truck or anything.

Dodge, Chevy, Ford, Nissan, or Toyota. Toyota is best, to me.

41 - 60 of 130 Posts