Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please help... Needing to visualize my chrome bumpers (front/rear) Line-X'ed. Any Super White Tundras out there done this way??? Pics please...

Tundra Monkey

·
Premium Member
3,545 Posts
I built my own bumper for my Super White Tundra. I didn't use line-x, but something similar.

I like the look.

I think I have pictures in my profile. Click on my avitar pic and it should show up.

KO

·
Premium Member
3,545 Posts
Just checked, yep there a couple pics. Click on the dog diving after the ball in the pool.

KO

·
Premium Member
454 Posts
Just did mine last weekend. They came out great, IMO.

I used the roll on Herculiner. It was a good amount of work, and an entire saturday afternoon.

excuse the pic quality, its an iphone photo :/

Reactions: EUPHOR1C

·
Premium Member
3,545 Posts
I love that look! I've been looking for a deal on non pocketed flares to do the same.

KO

·
Premium Member
1,984 Posts
They color match line x as well. Going to talk to them today as a matter o fact!

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
koditten, Thanks for the aftermarket look, wanted to see the OEM bumper painted.

mrawdtsi, Thanks for letting see how my truck will look with the painted lower bumper.

EUPHOR1C, I did not know that... I will ask about that too.

Tundra Monkey.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Just did mine last weekend. They came out great, IMO.

I used the roll on Herculiner. It was a good amount of work, and an entire saturday afternoon.

excuse the pic quality, its an iphone photo :/

How difficult was that to do? Did you have to sand it down, and primer first and then paint?

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Premium Member
454 Posts
Sean,

It was more prep work than anything else.

1) removed both bumpers.
2) sanded them down really well with 80 grit sand paper.
3) consumed approximately 4 beers during he sanding phase.
4) mixed up the Berliner. (Roll on)
5) applied 4 coats, 1hr between each coat.

I did not use any primer. The roll on stuff is very sticky, there is no indication that it would ever flake or come off,I can't even dig a finger nail into it now that its cured.

In all I'd estimate about 10 hours worth of work was involved.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
446 Posts
They color match line x as well. Going to talk to them today as a matter o fact!
Thought about color matching mine a bit and did some research as they would handle some more abuse then powdercoat.

Found that people had a hard time keeping them from looking dull(lots of tire shine is a solution), and fading from the sun.

Interested to hear what you find out!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts