Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
13,962 Posts
well...

First, I have been gone and uber UBER busy, so im just reading as I find it...

Yea, being as I have owned more black vehicles than any other color, the likelihood that this will come out right is about as good as hitting the lotto.

Now, with that said, all you can do is see how it looks when it is supposed to be fixed.

if they do it correctly and remove all the line-x, emphasis on ALL, then either wax it by hand or leave it alone...
*if its really new it seems that the paint even tho it should be cured it isn't from what I have found with buying brand new vehicles and having issues when they are still brand new*

If they wheel it out it's gonna be ephed, may look good there, but go wash it immediately at home by hand with a non wax wash, just normal wash or dishsoap and then you will see how the paint itself is, the dishsoap will remove whatever top wax or glaze they used and show the paint itself, the paint which was all that was there when the line-x was applied...

·
Registered
13,962 Posts
honestly, all bs aside, if they color sand it will deteriorate the life of the paint... it WILL look good when you pick it up, however after a few washes it will look more weathered than it should, then a few more and a few more, then you polish it in july or august and you burn through the paint cuz it was already wayy thing from the factory, and then they say its your fault...

if you keep THIS truck, when you pick it up, really, go wash it @ home with a brand new mitt and some really good dishsoap, it will wash their concealing top glaze (wax) off and you will be like wtf, or at least most likely you will...

I would almost just say hell with it and tell them to line-x the entire truck n/c.

Reactions: Bad Dad's Camrys
1 - 2 of 2 Posts