Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,086 Posts
new truck no question about it especially with black paint and if it already feels like sandpaper, when they remove the line-x overspray, it will F up your clearcoat at least and the black paint will not last period. Don't believe in repainting an entire new truck either since brand new, get out of it and demand a new truck from dealer exactly like the one you have or what you want or just walk away period. Might have to get toyota corporate involved if dealer does not listen to your demands. I wouldn't take it back but I am very fussy and this would put me over the edge. good luck.

·
Registered
3,086 Posts
Seems the concensus is to have dealer buy it back for what you paid for it and get near identical truck. Dealer's problem, do not let it be yours 1-3 years down the road. If what you say is true and entire side is bad, then no way will it be ever the same. Even if it looks like new again when done, the effect say 1-4 years down the road will be there 95% probability. Black paint sucks to keep clean and the sun most likely will take it's toll on the clearcoat and paint down the road, just go back now and demand a new truck and tell them to sell the truck on their used car lot and demand a new truck. At the very least, talk to sales mgr. or president of dealer and get out of the deal entirely NOW and go somewhere else if they say anything else. Way too many dealers around to just keep going to only one. I use to go to 1 dealer all the time until they screwed me over and I kept going back to them off and on and they still don't want to deal so piss on them. Their loss, not mine. I am not loyal to any one car dealer since they all try to take as much money away from you as possible and I try to find the one who takes the least.

·
Registered
3,086 Posts
Yes the Line X was a part of my car deal. It was the dealers responsibility to have the work done as condition of sale. They hired the subcontractor. I have heard that if you go through Toyota corporate "things happen". Apparently the individual dealerships do not want to piss off the customer. They run on some sort of point system that apparently means a whole heck of a lot to the dealer. Getting "demerits" from corporate is not a good thing. Either way I will keep you all up to date on the outcome. The whole situation is frustrating at best. It would have been so much simpler if the Line-X shop simply would have paid attention to detail and masked the truck properly. Its unfoutunate the dealership has to pay for something thier subcontractor screwed up. I suppose that's the cost of doing big buisness.
don't even get me started on the point system crap with corp. mfgs. I use to fill out those surveys honestly when I worked for GM. I filled one out once and if you DO NOT put 'completely satisfied' on ALL questions instead of just 'satisfied' the dealer losses allotment on their inventory levels on lot from mfg. I did satisfied on a few questions since wasn't perfect but just satisfied and my name came up working for GM on the survey back to GM dealer and it almost got me fired - NO JOKE. I swore to never ever fill out another dealer survey ever again and have not in past 15 years since this happened. GM sucks now just like they use to back in the 90's and wish I would've got fired to be honest the way they do things. Personally, I do not feel GM or Chrysler should have gotten a bailout and let them fail all on their own. Haven't bought a GM product since 2007 and haven't looked since then either - they have left too many bad feelings for me but that is another story.

Skip the surveys since it will only hurt you in the long run if you do not lie and mark completely satisfied on all questions. It will get back to the dealer and they will ignore you even more so then.

·
Registered
3,086 Posts
DO NOT GET CORPORATE INVOLVED YET!!!!! Please dont, I went through the same thing and my lawyer advised me save it as a LAST resort! The dealership DOES NOT want to hear from corporate before they get a chance to make it right. Once you call the 1-800# everything is out the window because there already getting bitched at from them so they wont do anything "extra" to hide it from Mom. See what you can agree on and only if youre not happy then go further. Its a pretty big deal to the dealerships to get complaints from top-down. Luckily I never had to go that route and hopefully you dont either.
lawyers are not always right. I, ONLY after went thru dealer 3 times for same repair not fixed right, called corp. toyota and got them involved. Took 2 more times to get it fixed and replaced, but his line-x overspray is much more of an issue than what I had. Corp. toyota could bitch and talk to the dealer as much as they want since don't care if they know I called corp., toyota or not. Face it, they screwed up (or at least the subcontractor) and someone has to make it right and the more corp. toyota gets involved, maybe the better? For my troubles of 5 repair attempts and wasting 100 bucks in gas and a few days off work no pay, I got 250 bucks to use at any toyota dealer for anything at all for life until used up. Yah, I wasted easily 500 bucks in gas and no pay at work but something is better than nothing.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts